Thread: Word 2007 - Error "The function you are attempting to run contains macros..."

Word 2007 - Error "The function you are attempting to run contains macros..."

Hi Friends,
    I am having a very annoying problem, need your help soon as possible. Here is my problem. I have just upgraded my Office 2003 to Office 2007 and now I am facing the serious trouble using Work 2007. I am getting the many continuous Macros errors every-time I load the program and even if I load a blank document. The message keeps on coming even if I turn off the Macro. I think that turning off is not making any difference. The Error is "The function you are attempting to run contains macros or other content ...." Does anyone know how to solve this.??
    "When they give you ruled paper, write the other way..." J.R.J.

Re: Word 2007 - Error "The function you are attempting to run contains macros..."

I think that you might have not properly upgraded your Office 2007. I would like to suggest you to upgrade the Office 2007 properly. Otherwise you can also check if there are updates available for the Office 2007. I don't think that this is the Office software's problem. Because even I have upgraded my version of Office and I am not having any problem while using the Word. So check that you can done the correct up gradation.

Re: Word 2007 - Error "The function you are attempting to run contains macros..."

I think that you should follow the settings to fix your Word 2007 - Error:
    First remove an Adobe PDF COM add-in. You will find this in the add-in. After removing the necessary add-in restart the application of Word 2007. If that is also not working then try to reboot the machine. Rebooting the machine should definitely work. The add-in that you removed was completely unnecessary, since the microsoft has a 'save as PDF or XPS' add on that can be downloaded free.

I was having the similar issue. I was getting the same Error for the Word 2007 about the macros and even turning off the macro was making no sense, as it was coming again when I start the application. I just uninstalled the uninstalled Office Live and the problem of that error was solved. I think that removing the uninstalled Office Live was also fix your problem too.

For fixing this Error, go to the Control Panel and select the Microsoft Office 2007. Then select the Change and then Expand Office Shared Features and the arrow beside Visual Basic for Applications. Then click on Installed on First Use. Then click on Continue and let it work itself. Then open the Microsoft Word and it will ask for some installation, you have to just click on Yes. Then restart the application if it asks for. My doing this procedure the problem of Macros should be solved.

I think that this behavior may occur if both the following conditions are true :
    • The document that you are trying to open is already open in Word.
    • Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) is not installed on your computer.
    Try to satisfy these conditions. If it is already satisfied then try to disable the .COM add-in for ScanSoft PDF Professional 4. Many times the Macros error gets solved after disabling that plug-in. Once you disable the plug-in then restart Word and you will find that the macro warnings has disappeared.

idea (SOLVED) Re: Word 2007 - Error "The function you are attempting to run contains macros..."

This problem is practically solved when you do a SEARCH for 'normal.dotm', 'normal.dom' or 'normal.dot' (older version), open it with notepad and let it blank!

The problem can occur because of a corrupted 'Normal' file or even a infected 'Normal' file! Be careful.

Regards,
    Ivan

Happy Re: Word 2007 - Error "The function you are attempting to run contains macros..."

Quote Originally Posted by Raine View Post
    For fixing this Error, go to the Control Panel and select the Microsoft Office 2007. Then select the Change and then Expand Office Shared Features and the arrow beside Visual Basic for Applications. Then click on Installed on First Use. Then click on Continue and let it work itself. Then open the Microsoft Word and it will ask for some installation, you have to just click on Yes. Then restart the application if it asks for. My doing this procedure the problem of Macros should be solved.

Gotta love Googling the error and even better yet, finding the solution! Thanks Raine!

Quote Originally Posted by Raine View Post
    Hi Raine - I didn't pose the original problem but had the same thing. I followed you very explicit instructions and hey presto the error message has gone. Thanks so much.
    abminto