Thread: Google earth icon disappeared

Google earth icon disappeared

Hi
    I have decided recently to have no system such as Linux. I have to install google earth by Synaptic but the icon does not appears in the menu. What to do? My computer is forbidden to copy paste anything in the directory "home". No, and I happen not to install google earth in its form. I installed google earth in its format .deb but I do not see the icon in the menu. Any help regarding this. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by New ID; 12-01-2010 at 01:26 PM.

Re: Google earth icon disappeared

Hello,
    Regarding the icon you can find it in System -> Preferences -> Main Menu -> Menu -> Applications -> Internet and you should find your Google Earth icon, just the driver and the tour and played . If it is not set up a path and making an icon "New Item". (But it must be installed of course) Regarding you question BIN file, simply return the properties file, then you're allowed in check "Allow executing file as program". If you have any more problems then do post back.

Hello,
    For the problem that you can not write in your Home folder is more annoying, you have a legal problem, I do not know how to fix it, but you should find a lot of cases like this in the forums, provisionally if you can do in a terminal:
    sudo nautilus
    Warning you're in law administrator does not do anything!

Hello,
    It is quite normal that you Do not get the write access to / home. The opposite concern me. But cons you should normally have write access to your user directory / home / user. Here the user means your name or the name you have given while installation. Hope you will try to access the user's directory. Try this and if you have any more query feel free to ask here.
    Last edited by Macarenas; 12-01-2010 at 01:13 PM.

Hello,
    For .bin, you have to just issue the following commands:
    wget http://dl.google.com/earth/client/cu...EarthLinux.bin
    chmod GoogleEarthLinux.bin
    . / GoogleEarthLinux.bin
    Then you let yourself guide is a graphical installer!
    Last edited by chroma; 12-01-2010 at 01:23 PM.

Hi,
    I hope that one day it will be easier for the general public because they use windows. But it is easier when we encounter help like you. I think forums like these can help people in many ways and espically when it comes to linux, because it is not so user friendly and when people need help you should be there to answer. Thank you to all those who have taken the trouble to answer me.