Thread: How do I Install ICC profile

How do I Install ICC profile

Hello,
    I would like to install an ICC profile that I have recovered also. How can I do this. Is that there is a general way and then install the software for each. Can you suggest me good piece of software for performing the task. Please help guys. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Fragman; 13-01-2010 at 10:33 AM.

Re: How do I Install ICC profile

Hello,
    I think you can seek the side of lprof, lcms argyll and for general info. It is a profile screen, printer, scanner ? I confirm that you should go see the side of argyll then, unless the software you want to use only directly manages the profiles screen. Scribus for example is a good software. Just try installing one of the software's and see if its suits your needs. And if you have any problem regarding this then do post back.

Hello,
    Well I'll try to be somewhat accurate. I have a Toshiba U400. He does not know what it is to reconstruct a picture "Black and White" in .... "black and white," have the right to a range of blues. It obviously can be done but all good. I got on "Digital Focus" a profile that it seems, fits my screen. I foolishly thought it enough to stick to the right place, possibly to rename, so that it works.

Hello,
    The calibration is meaningless if you do not set the screen before. For the LCD, I do not know too much. Lcms / lprof, in addition to creating the profile also helps in the early stages to adjust the screen: white balance, black gamma. It is a prerequisite for calibration. See also the side of the manufacturer of your graphics card: for nvidia and Ati, there are drivers with tools to adjust color curves, very important if the screen does not do as the cathode. It is interesting explicable on the calibration on the net but for me, I paid the linux Practice November / December 2009. where he worked with a probe. But I have not yet explored. I think the calibration is really secondary to a good basic setup screen.

Hi,
    Argyll is a set of commands (dispwin, dispcal, dispread). In your case, simply use the command line mentioned at the very end of the doc. You can find an good documentation for Argyll on their official site. Also you can issue the following command in terminal as a root user
    Code:
    dispwin / path / to / mon_profil.icc
    Hope this will help you.

Hello,
    Thank you for answers. The above command worked for me. Well now I see the photo b & w or less correctly. I think I still have a slight pink dominant. In any case it's really noticeable in the browser. The only problem is that every reboot must reactivate the profile. I'll try to see if we can balance the "screen at the base."