Thread: Problem with iexplore.exe and redirect in windows 7

Problem with iexplore.exe and redirect in windows 7

I am using as acer aspire laptop with windows 7. The iexplore .exe always keeps opening in the task manager and uses a huge amount of memory although i don't use the iexplore.exe . I always use the mozilla firefox for browsing over the internet can anybidy please tell me how can i get rid of this Redirect and iexplore.exe problems . Any help pertaining to this matter would be appreciated.

Re: Problem with iexplore.exe and redirect in windows 7

These types of problems usually arised due to some virus or malicious program. So firstly try to install an Antivirus and then scan your system thoroughly. If this does not help you then you can download the Malwarebytes antimalwae utility and then scan your system. i hope that this will fix your issue soon.

To solve this Get in to the safemode Now when the computer search for the iexplore.exe . If you find any other iexplore.exe which are not present in the program files within the Internet explorer folder get it deleted. Also if you don't use the Internet explorer then change the name of the Internet Explorer folder to "Internet Explorer Disabled". This will disable the Internet Explorer.

It seems like your system is hijacked by viruses get the viruses removed as soon as possible because if the viruses exists in the system for some more time it can even corrupt your sytem file. So use an updated Antivirus and remove all the detected threats. You will get rid of this problem as soon as the antivirus deletes the viruses.

Restart your system in the safe mode search the iexplore.exe file. Check the search result thoroughly and delete all the iexplore.exe file which are not present in the program files. These iexplore.exe files are the culprit behind your problem , deleting this file will definitely fix your problem. All the best!!!

This simple answer really worked for me. I just started the system in the safe mode searched the iexplore.exe file and deleted all the iexplore.exe file which were not present in the program files internet explorer folder. This was really fixed my problem i would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    Last edited by Calebh; 12-01-2010 at 03:43 PM.