Thread: The Zune software can't access important data on your Zune

The Zune software can't access important data on your Zune

Hi,

When I try to connect sync my Zune HD player, I get the error message, "The Zune software can't access important data on your Zune." Then it say's, Try disconnecting and reconnecting it and if that fails call customer support. I have disconnected and reconnected the device several times now and still no luck. I don't know what to do. It used to work really well, but now it doesn't work at all. what does this error mean ?? I have a windows xp operating system on my computer.

Re: The Zune software can't access important data on your Zune

Before you connect the Zune HD player, update the Zune software that is installed on your computer. To do this, start the Zune software, click Settings, click software, click GENERAL, and then click CHECK FOR UPDATES. Then you will be able to solve the problem.

Try to Clear the Zune device and then resync the content again, to do this follow the steps below :

1. Start the Zune software on your computer.
    2. Connect your "Zune via Zune sync cable".
    3. Click Settings and then click the device. Click Options SYNC and then click delete all content.
    4. When you receive the following message, click Yes:
    Please confirm. Are you sure you want to delete the content from the Zune online?
    The "erase all content" message will be displayed. This process may take several minutes. Do not move or disconnect the Zune device until the message disappears.

I am getting the same message on my windows vista computer, but my computer syncs with it very well, but I can't transfer any data even I have deleted everything. I have even tried reinstalling the software and a resetting my Zune player but to no avail. Could this have something to do with my computer being vista?

It seems that your device problem and not the software issue. This error occurs when software can not communicate properly with the Zune player. connect the Zune device to a computer that has the current Zune software installed, and then update the device to the current device software. Or you have to pruchase a new device or something, as repairs can sometimes cost as much as a replacement.