Thread: Unable to install Picasa 3

Unable to install Picasa 3

I have a dell desktop with windows Vista as my operating system. Since my system was affected by virus last week i have formatted the system yesterday. Now, when i try to install picasa 3 after the format on to my system. i get an error message "The current user can not install or update". I don't know the reason why i am unable to install Picasa 3 in my system. Please suggest some possible solution so that i can install the software.

Re: Unable to install Picasa 3

Well if you are unable to install the picasa 3 software in to your system. I don't know what is actually the problem behind this error is but i think if you try to install it as an administrator you might install it , Simply right click on it and then select run as administrator and this will surely help you.

Hi chroma thank you for responding you suggested me a good solution which appeared to be helpful initially but it gave the same error message after sometime when i tried to install the program as an administrator. I am still getting the same problem i can't make out what the actual problem is. I would like to thank you once again.

As far as i know i think that there is no problem with your system since you have formatted it recently. The problem might be with the picasa 3 download file. I would suggest you to download the picasa 3 again with a different source. Download it from another source and then install it on to your system since some of the downloads are corrupted and hence they create such errors.

The problem here is might be due to the downloaded file which is not proper hence you have to download the picasa file once again and try to install it. If the same problem appears again then visit the picasa's online website. You will get a solution pertaining to this error there. I hope you would resolve this solution.

these kind of error arises because on some of the websites the downloads are not proper that is they get corrupted. So either try to download the setup dile from a different source or download the file with the help of a different browser like Mozilla Firefox or Opera etc. This will definitely help you.