Thread: Outlook always creates dummy file

Outlook always creates dummy file

Hi friends i am using a laptop or thinkpad also i am using windows 7 and using the Outlook Express as the Email client. Whenever i send an attachment through the outlook a dummy file is created in the root directory the file has the same name and extension with 0 bytes tell me a way so that i can prevent creation of dummy files by outlook.

Re: Outlook always creates dummy file

Hello friend i think that this is not a problem because it might be a temporary file which is getting created when you send an attachment to any one and hence you can go ahead without bothering about the file which is also a zero byte file and hence don't bother about this file.

I think that you must try to use some another email client instead of the Outlook and hence you can try to use the thunderbird which is also a great email client and then you can get rid of this problem. So just go to the mozilla website and then download the thunderbird and install it. I hope that you will fix this issue soon.

You might be facing this problem due to some error which must have caused due to some change in your profile. I think creating a new profile will fix this issue. If this does not works then try to create a new windows user account and then check or else try to repair windows using the windows recovery disc.

Well Sounds like your system is infected with a virus or two. So you must try to scan with your anti virus and try to heal all the infections present. If your anti-virus program does not detect any kind of virus then i think you must try to download the malwarebytes antimalware and after running the quick scan you might resolve this issue.

You might be facing this issue due to a virus which must have corrupted your outlook file to correct this error you have to scan your computer thoroughly with the help of an antivirus . After scanning the system insert the recovery disk and to repair the files which has been corrupted by the virus. if this does not helps you then visit microsoft's website and try to get help online.