Thread: How to disable Registry Editor in Windows 7?

How to disable Registry Editor in Windows 7?

Hello, I having a issue that i need to solve which is regarding the Registry Editor in Windows 7. The problem is that i want to disable the Registry Editor in Windows 7 so that no one else can access by Registry Editor and make the change that i don't wish to happens with my system. So any one having idea about How to disable Registry Editor in Windows 7 can help me with the proper solution. Any help may be appreciated. Thank you
    Last edited by Rup_me; 11-01-2010 at 03:42 PM.

Re: How to disable Registry Editor in Windows 7?

There are lots of tools available that will help you to make the registry of your system disable. The famous tools that i have used for the same reason is known as the "RegistryED". This tool easily disable the Registry Editor and after that you can not access the same. This wont allow others to access your registry as well as the if the Virus infect the Registry. Click here to download the same and when it will start then Right click on the window and run as administrator. This have two button one for the disabling of the registry Editor and another for the disabling of the same. So download it and enjoy if fully.

If you really wish to make this change then i can help you but make sure that you are sure about it because this will disable regedit and you cant access the same. If you you are sure to do this then follow the given method that will help you for the same.
    • Click on the Start
    • Click on the Run
    • Type regedit and enter
    • Navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies"
    • And Create new with the System as name
    • Now right clock on the same and create DWORD
    • Name it as the Disable Registry Tool
    • And Enter the value of it to 1

Thats it
    For more about the same click here

Download the regtools.vbs and this tool will help you to disable and enable registry editor of your system so that you don't have permission to use it. This file is available here. This tool also work for the task manger as well so if you wish to manage the Task Manger of your system then you are at the right place. Download it and see the working of the same. Thank you