Thread: Nautilus - display size and field name

Nautilus - display size and field name

Hello,
    I have two problems in Nautilus
    1) I try to display the file size in nautilus, it gives me the number of files / folders in the folder in question (which I find relatively useless).
    2) I can not reduce the width of the field name when using the mouse, I have the little slider to reduce the field, but when I use it gets stuck.
    Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by Remedy; 11-01-2010 at 12:52 PM.

Re: Nautilus - display size and field name

Hello,
    1) I try to display the file size, it gives me the number of files / folders in the folder in question (which I find relatively useless).
    I too would like someone proposes a solution, because if Windows does, it should be feasible under Ubuntu, Utility "Analysis of disk usage is very good, but it requires a different approach (eg cleaning of large files) that is not the everyday (eg find the sub-folder contains my photo album).

Hello,
    1) I try to display the file size, it gives me the number of files / folders in the folder in question (which I find relatively useless).
    The size is displayed in the folder properties (right click) but not in the list view.
    2) I can not reduce the width of the field name when using the mouse, I have the little slider to reduce the field, but when I use it gets stuck ...roll
    There is indeed a value below which it does not go. Hope this will help you. If you have any problem regarding this topic, then you can post and we will try to find the solution for it.

Hi,
    The size is displayed in the folder properties (right click) but not in the list view.
    As in Windows origin. Except that Windows has a solution (that I use on another PC) for the size of folders in the list view. It is therefore not under Ubuntu? So, please guide us properly so that we can find a suitable solution for this.

Hello,
    This is not true, because it is like that in Windows it should not necessarily be like that in Gnome. Because I think the important thing is to have an intuitive, pleasant, fast and convenient. So if an OS has a good idea, why not again? Whether it's Microsoft, Apple or other. Anyway, I also like having the walkthrough for the size of the file appears directly in the tray without having to go through the folder properties. So if a graft already exists, I'm grabbing.

Hello to all,
    Delighted to read your comments. Like you I searched for solution to display the file size in nautilus when the display is in list mode. But I have not found a proper solution yet. I guess this can be done in nautilus. Any answer that is any solution for this topic is welcomed. I hope some has a solution for this or some one has done it and use it.