Thread: iTunes 5.0 loads Bonjour Service

iTunes 5.0 loads Bonjour Service

I had been running Windows Vista as my operating system. From last few weeks i had been noticing that my iTunes installs a Bonjour service at the startup. Just few days back i had installed new iTunes 5.0 version and whenever i try to turn on my system it automatically blocked a request from Bonjour service to jump on the net. So, can any body tell me that why does iTunes 5.0 loads Bonjour Service on my system? What i need to do to resolve the above issue? Does any body have any idea about it? kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: iTunes 5.0 loads Bonjour Service

Do you have any kind of third-party anti-virus or anti-spyware software installed? It's possible this software is interfering with Bonjour and preventing it from starting. Bonjour components may also be included within other software such as iTunes. Bonjour uses industry standard IP protocols to allow devices to automatically discover each other without the need to enter IP addresses or configure DNS servers. Bonjour, also known as zero-configuration networking, enables automatic discovery of computers, devices, and services on IP networks.

If it's not something that you installed on purpose, go to start, then click on control panel, click on add/remove programs, see if it's listed and then remove it from there. The software is built into Apple's Mac OS X operating system from version 10.2 onwards, and can be installed onto computers using Microsoft Windows operating systems (it is installed with iTunes, for example)."

Let's check to see if anything can start the Start the Bonjour Service on your PC just at the moment. Bonjour is a general method to discover services on a local area network. It is widely used throughout Mac OS X and allows users to set up a network without any configuration. Rght-click "My Computer", and select Manage. Expand "Services and Applications". Click "Services" (you might want to maximise the Services Window to see what's going on.)

Right-click "My Computer" and select "Manage". Click "Event Viewer". Start - Run - 'services.msc'. Once you have done this all, go into the registry – if you are comfortable with it – and clean out all traces of ‘Bonjour’. Find 'Bonjour Service' and set the startup type to manual. Or try to doubleclick the system log, and look for an error or warning event that took place at the time that you tried to manually start the Bonjour Service. Doubleclick the event to bring up the "Event Properties" window.

Bonjour uses industry standard IP protocols to allow devices to automatically discover each other without the need to enter IP addresses or configure DNS servers. Version 5 of iTunes also loads the InstallDriver Table Manager service and as the previous versions also the iPod Service service, which loads even if there isn't an iPod connected. Go to Start, in the right colum you soud see Control Panel. click on it, then click "Add or Remove Program" and you can delete it. In order to provide a true zero-configuration experience, Bonjour requires that devices implement three essential things. The last version also fires up mdnsresponder.exe which connects to your dns-server. I presume this executable is a part of the Bonjour Service. I deny all connections for it in my firewall.