Thread: Problem with an Applet Viewer in Java

Problem with an Applet Viewer in Java

Hi friends,
    I am new to the Java. I am using the command prompt to compile and run all programs that I do in Java. I am facing an issue when I try to run the AppletViewer. Do I have some Problem with an Applet Viewer in Java. It takes long time to Load, Start or Kill the programs of Applets, when I use the aapletviewer. Usually I have seen that Appletviewer should not take so much time. Need some help from you guys..!!
    Dimension 1100 (FMY032J) mini-tower
    2.53ghz Intel Pentium 4
    80 gig nfts HDD
    512 RAM
    Main circuit board: Dell 0CF458
    BIOS: Dell A00
    Display: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller [Display adaptor]
    Multimedia: Sound MAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Windows XP Home SP2

Re: Problem with an Applet Viewer in Java

I think that basically Applets run slowly in Java. The reason is that whenever a Java program is executed, all of the relevant .class files are loaded first. Due to this it can take several seconds. If there are any unnecessary lines that are not required for the compilation, then delete those lines. But you can expect the Java to Start slowly if many .class files are involved. So I think there is nothing problem to worry about.

I would like to suggest you to use the IDE like Eclipse instead of using the cmd prompt to run your java applet programs. I think that using the cmd prompt may generate problems like long time for Starting or Killing the process. So it would be better to use the IDE (Eclipse). Because the advantage is that it will make the job of compilation automated and the execution user based a whole lot more simpler. Hope that your problem will get solved after using the Eclipse.

Actually i am telling you the basic things of Applet. Appletviewer tool that comes as part of the JDK. If you are using the Windows application than a Appletviewer is that you run from a DOS command line. the applet appears in the viewer's main window after the Appletviewer appears. Part of the command line is the applet that you want to run. First bring up an MS-DOS window by selecting the MS-DOS Prompt command from Programs on the Start menu to run the Appletviewer application. Then you can switch to the folder containing the applet you want to run by typing the location of that file in the command line.

If you think that your applet is taking too much time than try to reinstall the Java. I would like to recommend you to use the good IDE for the Java. Even I would like to suggest you to use the Eclipse which is the Best IDE according to me for Java. Otherwise try to reinstall your Java application with the updated version. Also before installing the application be sure that you are removing the existing application.