Thread: Error MSB3323: Unable to find manifest signing certificate

Error MSB3323: Unable to find manifest signing certificate

I have uninstalled the RC build which I had worked with without issue and replaced it with MSDN Final VS 2005 v8.0.50727.42. After doing many uninstall and installs, I got past the Invalid license data. Also it suggests me to reinstall the application from the Microsoft's site. I got no problem while testing the C++ project builds for managed and unmanaged code. Both code worked without any problem. Now to my surprise I am getting the Error when I try to build C# projects. The Error stats that "error MSB3323: Unable to find manifest signing certificate in the certificate store." Anyone having idea about the next step please inform me by replying here.!!
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

Re: Error MSB3323: Unable to find manifest signing certificate

Follow the steps to get rid of Error MSB3323: Unable to find manifest signing certificate :
    1. First go to the project properties option.
    2. Then click on the Signing tab.
    3. Now uncheck the option Sign the ClickOnce manifests.
    4. After unchecking that option press on OK to save the changes.
    Then try to rename the C# project and then try to build it. Hope that your problem will get solved.

I was also having the similar issue. I solved that by going into the Project and then selected the Project Properties option. In that clicked on the Signin tab. After completing that I went to the Create Test Certificate and then just gave simple password. After that I have not faced the issue. I think that your problem of Unable to find manifest signing certificate will get solved after following the steps that I have mentioned. If that doesn't helped you then give more details about your Error.

If you are getting the same Error even after doing the changes in the Project Properties option, then try to delete the compiled DLL's. You can delete the DLL's from the bin and debug folders. After that you should try to do the settings again and then check whether this time its working nor not. I think that your problem will definitely be solved by doing this.

I solved the similar problem in little different way, which is lengthy but will work. You will have to open the XXX.csproj file in a text editor (usually notepad.exe) and remove the following tags from the XML :
    <ManifestCertificateThumbprint>...</ManifestCertificateThumbprint>
    <ManifestKeyFile>...</ManifestKeyFile>
    <GenerateManifests>...</GenerateManifests>
    <SignManifests>...</SignManifests>
    Many times the issue is not solved by changing the options from the Project Properties, so you can use this method. Also removing these tags may be a bad thing but it worked for me.

You can also do the following to solve the Error MSB3323: Unable to find manifest signing certificate. You can also disable the "Sign the ClickOnce manifests" option by editing the project file (.csproj) in Notepad. In that you will have to locate the <SignManifests> element and have to set the value to false. After doing the settings, save the changes and restart the application. I think that doing this will also isolate your error.