Thread: How to get back WMP12 taskband in Windows 7?

How to get back WMP12 taskband in Windows 7?

Hello, I having a problem with the use of the Windows 7 that i have recently installed replacing the older version of the operating system. Actually in the Windows XP i was using the Window Media Player Task band that is the WMP control on the taskbar. But i am missing that in the Windows 7. So need to get back the WMP 12 taskband in Window 7. I think this is the place where i can get the actual solution related to the problem of the with the Windows software. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to get back WMP12 taskband in Windows 7?

Actually Taskband that you are looking for is strored in the form of the DLL file which is known as "wmpband.dll". This dll file is found in the Windows media player directory which you can access from the "Program file" folder. But if you are not getting it in the Windows 7 then the reason behind this Microsoft removed the Dll file from the Windows media player Folder that is the reason why you are unable to view the taskband. So download the wmpband.dll and enable the taskband in the Windows 7.

Thanks for you support. But could you please help me more with the download of the same so that i can download and use the same for the taskband issue that i am getting. And also let me know the method that will help me to activate the same. I hope i am not irritating you. Thanks

You will get this file on the internet. Just search with the Google and lots of the site will display the download of the same. So make a search with the Google and download the same. I think that is the better option to download the same. IF you are not getting the wmpband.dll then click on the link given below and download the same. This is Zip file extract it and then copy the file and paste it on the Windows Media Player folder. Thats all i can help you. Thank you
    wmpband.dll

Once you have downloaded the file of WMP the you have to extract the it. This will have tow file one for the 32bit and another for the 64 bit. Copy this file according to the version of your OS and the Go to the program file and then "%programfiles%\Windows Media Player" in Explorer addressbar. This will take you the Windows Media Player folder. Now paste file in that. After that follow the below given step.
    • Just Right click on the Computer
    • Go to the Manage
    • Now click on Services & Applications and then to Services
    • Right click on Windows Media Player Network Sharing services and stop
    • Now Open the Run and type regsvr32 "%programfiles%\Windows Media Player\wmpband.dll". Hit enter
    • Thats it.

Copy and paste the file in the WMP12 folder and the Go to the Start menu and then go to the run and type "services.msc". This will display the list of the Windows service. Right click on the Windows Media Player Network Sharing" service and stop it. Then to register the wmpband.dll with the Windows. That will solve your issue.