Thread: System goes slow when using utorrent

System goes slow when using utorrent

Well I am using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 edition Operating System.
    Now the problem is that whenever I use utorrent, my system starts running very slow and becomes unstable and freezes many times in between.
    I checked the utorrent process and it shows like 10% to 15% CPU usage. And this problem of slowing down happens when I start downloading and not when I only start utorrent.
    Any suggestions please.

Re: System goes slow when using utorrent

Hey reduce the upload limit.
    Even I had this same issue few months ago. Reducing upload limit is fine but then the main issue is not with your internet connection but with your system.
    utorrent eats up all your RAM and it has a memory leak also.
    I downloaded a newer version of utorrent and the issue was resolved, don't know how but it did. I didn't do any changes to the registry or any software or anything. Just a newer version of utorrent solved the issue.
    So try that.

Even I am using utorrent and I also face this issue but not everytime.
    My utorrent has like 14 queued torrents, with one running. I download only one torrent at a time. With Download set to 2/3rds of my max, and Upload set to just 1kb. Once it's fully downloaded, I set the Upload to 2/3rds of my max, and let it run until I reach a 1:1 ratio. If you run any torrent with uncapped Download/Upload, expect your internet to slow down or even freeze at times.
    Are you using an "onboard" network card, or a physical Network Card that takes up a PCI slot? Onboard network cards can have a number of issues, from poor drivers, to slowdowns due to heat issues on the motherboard.
    Update your Network Card drivers, throttle down uTorrent to bare minmum Download/Upload speeds, and run 1 torrent at a time.
    This should be able to solve the issue for you.

Hey why don't you check your internet connection speed on different sites which provide this service and checks speed of your internet connection.
    But before you start of with the speed test make sure that you stop all the downloads in utorrent.
    You will have to do some calculations from the result and the set your download speed in utorrent.

I checked the speed and got like 30 KB/s. When I increase my download limit in utorrent then my CPU usage also increase. I don't think its the utorrent process which is causing this issue there may be something else also.
    And I am using an onboard Network Card and it is up to date with latest drivers. And I haven't done any changes to my system also or haven't actually installed any new application or software also from past few weeks.

Hey it is mentioned before that there is nothing to do with the Drivers. And the interesting thing is that everything works fine in Windows XP but it is worse in Windows Vista and Windows 7.
    In Windows XP you can download multiple downloads at a time but in Vista and win7 you have to stick with only 1 or maximum 2.
    And over here there is some issue with the Network and not with any drivers or anything like that.