Thread: Problem Uninstalling battery bar

Problem Uninstalling battery bar

I have installed a program called as battery bar which keeps an eye on the amount of energy left on my laptop. After the installation this program has automatically disabled the "Power" Meter which was shown in the windows task bar. Now i want the battery meter back so i thought of uninstalling it. But i am unable to Uninstall the battery bar software. Any ideas in this regard serious help needed
    Last edited by Abel18; 08-01-2010 at 06:33 PM.

Re: Problem Uninstalling battery bar

Check in the Quick launch settings whether you have disabled the Battery meter it has been disabled automatically by the concerned battery bar software. So firstly check it by right clicking on the task bar and check the show Quick launch option and then your problem will be solved hopefully.

This is a kind of a bug in the windows operating system so inorder to solve this bug you need to perform the following operation on your system which are mentioned below:
    * Click on the Windows start menu "Run" dialog, or press the Windows Key + R.
    * Next type in "regedit" which will bring up the Registry Editor.
    * Jump to "Edit" and "Find..." (or Ctrl + F) and search for "iconstreams".
    * When the results come up, delete the keys "IconStreams" and "PastIconStreams".
    * Restart the computer, and recheck the missing icons in the taskbar properties.

Sounds like you have installed a program which cannot be shown in the add/remove utility within the control panel. Some of the programs which are not shown in the add/remove program so you can use a third party tool for removing the concerned software. Hope you will fix your problem soon.

Thanks for replying me and also for giving these useful solutions. I followed the instructions given by you all but could not fix the bug. But the suggestion given by kattman sounds very much interesting and useful to fix my problem and hence can you refer me a third party tool for achieving it.

As you have asked for the third party tool for uninstalling the software use the Perfect Uninstaller. If you have ever had problems removing software programs because they could not be uninstalled using the standard Windows Add/Remove programs you are in luck! Perfect Uninstaller can help you remove programs and make it easy to remove a program. Even if you are having trouble with a stubborn software application that you think can’t be uninstalled, Perfect Uninstaller will give you the ability to force uninstall it. Which is also available freely i think so.