Thread: GNOME Power Manager not installed correctly

GNOME Power Manager not installed correctly

Hello everyone
    I'm excited to finally be part of the family of Linux users and I never come back to windows even though I sometimes galley. Linux I practice for 2 years now, all was well under karmic until morning awakening the home screen, the connection to demand account with login and password and a message of 'alert in the upper right corner: "the Gnome power manager has not been properly installed, please contact the administrator" but I am the administrator. It appeared after I started a backup with little disk space left , less than a gigabyte on my hard drive. I can not format because of important files on it. Please help me.
    Last edited by Xmen; 08-01-2010 at 10:32 AM.

Re: GNOME Power Manager not installed correctly

Hi,
    it appeared after I started a backup with little disk space left ... less than a gigabyte on my hard drive .... I can not because Fromat jai important files on it ... help!
    You know or at least have the problem wink you got to make more space on your hard drive. If this is done, restart Ubuntu and the fleet manager of energy should work. Otherwise, trying to make a little space you can delete the cache for APT. Follow the following command.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get clean & & sudo apt-get autoclean

Hello,
    Thank you but not because I can not even make room for, I can not enter access on the hard drive . I'm on the login screen and it has blocked me even if I give good login and good pass, always with the same message "Power Manager not installed correctly". Thank you anyway. If you can suggest me with any ideas it would be great.

Hello
    Even I had the same problem of power management in ubuntu. I searched a lot on internet for this topic but not a single solution I have found. Finally i had to re installed the full system, that is, I formatted all hard disk, this is quit tidy job as I had to take all the back up of all the important files and then re install it again. So, even I am interested to the solution for this, if any one know kindly post it so that other can take advantage of it.

Hello,
    Wow! It's tough, otherwise I do not see how the power manager mingles with the problem of disk space , this is weird. Finally I just tried the live CD I'm not good for Linux user tongue. I did not know, but in any case I would be careful in my memory management. So, my recommendation for you is just to use a Live CD and test if it is giving you a power management error.

Hi
    You could probably save your system by deleting files from a live CD or by accessing your home from a console tty. The advantage with Linux is precisely that it is always a way to repair and very rarely need to reinstall. I mean you do not have to re install the whole system again, just repair it and you are done. I think this should not be tough for you.

Well i had the same issue a couple of days ago and the problem was no free space on the HD... I made some space (like 5 gb) and ubuntu started perfectly...