Thread: Best UVW unwrap program/plugin for 3ds Max or Maya?

Best UVW unwrap program/plugin for 3ds Max or Maya?

Can anyone tell me the best UVW program which can be used for unwrapping for 3d max or maya. It would be better if the application can do unwrapping on its own it even does it for the human character models. Which will help me to directly move to the finished model to painting textures with approximately no efforts to unwrap myself.

Re: Best UVW unwrap program/plugin for 3ds Max or Maya?

It would be better if you try to learn the unwrapping of the models on your own and you would be benefited by this for sure. I am aware that this was not the answer for which you were looking for. As far as i know it is quiet easily after you understand how it all works. So either try to take help from your friends or from an expert.

I would suggest you to use the automatic mapping tools like pelt mapping, But will help you if you are aware how these things are been done manually.

because most of the procedures needs some touchups after the automated process is done. Moreover for real-time ingame stuff you have to learn unwrapping.

The stick with Max to have something "pretty clean" as you say without any deformation with rotten Pelt is 5s UV Layout (not to mention all the smart tools in it), and 8s on Blender or Unfold who are working broadly similar to it, but not the intermediary tool between the base mesh and its part and you can detach and move parts of mesh in the editor to improve the visibility without changing anything in reality.

For Pelt with the guys fighting with their bits of mesh and relax, something can be noticed with circle around the mesh that is not in the right direction , watch duty sometimes alter the mesh to catch-cut, solves etc to get something sometimes not works so i would advice you to prefer working on your own.

In Blender, you cut your object, you do "Unfold" and it unfolds itself ALL the pieces at once and paste them into the UV map you got asked to the limit, you even after editing them (good in practice, the parties must be superimposed in the mirror and change the Scales for parties or you have more details, but we could not touch anything if you get a great map .

The animation allows you to define paths for objects and apply deformation (morphing) using the appropriate skeleton. The record supports him when the main effects 3D environment mapping, flares, motion blur and allows export to rendering software, including the famous Persistence of Vision (POV-Ray)