Thread: Errors with Internet Download Manager in Windows 7

Errors with Internet Download Manager in Windows 7

Okay I am using a Windows 7 Operating System. And whenever I try to access Internet Download Manager I get this weird error message. The message says that "You don't have the proper permission to access this program". And this happens with many of my games also and other programs.
    And then that particular program or game stops working so I have to uninstall it and re-install it and then after running for sometime I again get the same error message.
    Any solution please.

Re: Errors with Internet Download Manager in Windows 7

Okay which was the first program you tried to access and got error for the first time.
    I mean when you got the error for the first time at that time which program were you trying to access. And you mentioned that you get errors on other programs and your games also.
    Can you please tell me the programs and the games on which you get this error were they downloaded from internet.? Or is there any internet connection required by those programs and games to startup.?

Well the first program on which I got this error was a Download Accelerator program. But then I ignored it at that time and then I started getting error for many other programs later like Media player, Real Player and games like pro Evolution Soccer 2010. And yes many of the programs on which I get this error are downloaded from Internet. And the game on which I get the error was when I played on Server through Internet in that game. Is there any issue with my internet connection.
    I am really getting confused now. Why is this happening.?

Okay now this sounds a bit weird. In other words it looks like it is corrupting files. Now there are many possibilities of why this error comes up. It can be because of bad RAM or bad HDD or some third party software conflicting with it or it can also be some Virus.
    Okay try the following given steps :
    On the start menu type windows memory diagnostic and run the program that shows up in the menu, select the option to restart and test your memory. If you memory checks out OK then you need to run a diagnostic on your HDD.
    And also check on your Firewall and any Internet Security tools which you are using.

Hey Finally problem solved.
    Okay I ran Memory Diagnostic test on the programs which gave error and got no errors. I also ran a Diagnostic on my HDD. And the results were positive.
    Then I checked the Internet Security Tool which is Kaspersky. I checked its event logger and found that it was the culprit and was blocking all those programs for which I got errors. So then reduced the security level and restarted my system and then ran the program and it worked fine this time without any problem.
    Thanks a lot for the help.

May I ask you for question? I really bllind about technology, computer include, maybe this question is kind of silly, but please reply me... I have same problem with you, I'm using windows 7, and every time I installed new program, such as autocad, 3d max, adobe, idm, ext, theres error message, the same error message. So I tried to run windows memory diagnostic and there is no problem, then this is the question. How to diagnostic HDD? And you said that you checked your Kaspersky. I am using avira now, how can I check it? How do I know there's something wrong with my avira like you and your Kaspersky? what should I do? I'm really confused now...

Quote Originally Posted by jerapah View Post
    May I ask you for question? I really bllind about technology, computer include, maybe this question is kind of silly, but please reply me... I have same problem with you, I'm using windows 7, and every time I installed new program, such as autocad, 3d max, adobe, idm, ext, theres error message, the same error message. So I tried to run windows memory diagnostic and there is no problem, then this is the question. How to diagnostic HDD? And you said that you checked your Kaspersky. I am using avira now, how can I check it? How do I know there's something wrong with my avira like you and your Kaspersky? what should I do? I'm really confused now...
    Try to turn off firewall from your pc, try to also disable Kaspersky and check whether you can get access to the programs. You have to configure firewalls on all machines to allow the Local Area Network (LAN) traffic as trusted. You may also have to put all computers in the same Workgroup. This is done from the System applet in Control Panel, Computer Name tab.