Thread: In Windows 7 media centre stops working when minimized

In Windows 7 media centre stops working when minimized

Hi friend i am using a dell inspiron laptop with windows 7. So whenever i open windows media centre and switch to live television which is broadcasting a radio station, Whenever i minimize the media centre the music gets started but the music gets stopped as soon as i minimize the media centre also it gives an error message . If I ignore the message box the radio station simply continues playing until I press one of the buttons, at which point it closes. I would like to know the media centre stops working on minimization and also suggest some solutions to get rid of this problem.
    Last edited by Carlton; 07-01-2010 at 09:36 PM.

Re: In Windows 7 media centre stops working when minimized

Most probably you might be getting this error message due to an application crash issue. It is important to debug such types of crash dump file so that it is possible to locate the reason , for this kind of process. Its better if you contact the Microsoft Customer Support Service because i think that they will assist you better. Hope you will fix this issue soon.

It sounds like that your system is affected by some virus or bad program can you tell me you are facing this issue since the windows 7 installation or after installing some updates or software which might have created this issue. Till then you can try to scan your system and heal all the possible threats detected by the system.

I think that if you reset the media centre then you can solve this bug and to reset this you will have to follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open the Control Panel
    2. under select Programs and Features.
    2. Then Click "Turn Windows features on or off".
    3. Expand "Media Features", uncheck "Windows Media Center". Click "Yes" to continue, and click OK to quit. Then Restart your system
    4. Now, Open the "Turn Windows features on or off" again. Turn on the features "Windows Media Center". Restart.
    5. Launch Windows Media Player, initialize the program.

Hope you got the fix

First of thanks for giving me your valuable suggestions. I scanned my whole system but my antivirus doesn't get anything. So i turned the media centre of as jesse explained above and then re-enabled it again but that too can not solve my issue. My media centre still stops working on minimization. Any other ideas please help.

If all these procedure which are mentioned above have not been useful to you then you will have to reinstall the windows 7 operating system. Because i have also faced similar problems in the past but was unable to get rid of it. At last i decided to re-install the operating system and this idea really worked for me. Hence you must also try this, it might solve your problem.