Thread: How to create reports using Crystal Report 10?

How to create reports using Crystal Report 10?

Hi,
    I am programmer, I am developing software for my college , this is a Examination software, I developed the all the software but now I getting stop because my college requirement is they want Reports in Crystal Report 10, but the problem is I am not familiar with the Crystal Report 10. So I need the help, so please give me some suggestion how to use Crystal Report 10 for making reports?
    Last edited by Chandraa; 07-01-2010 at 08:10 PM.

Re: How to create reports using Crystal Report 10?

For making a reports in Crystal Report 1o, is some easy, I tell you how to make reports using Crystal Report 10 in few steps.
    1. Start Crystal Reports.
    2. Select the Blank Report option, and click OK button.
    3. Open Database Sources for Create New Connection
    4. Select the database for selecting data base source
    5. Then press Finish button.
    6. Open the Tables node and then double-click the table on which you want to base your report.
    7. To follow along with the example, expand the Tables node and then double-click Product.
    8. Click the OK button to close Database Expert.
    9. A blank report fills the window.
    Last edited by Eric B; 07-01-2010 at 08:12 PM.

I think uppers stages are OK to make reports using Crystal Report 10. I tell you what to do when you’re on blank report presentation. The report design tab will show you five sections of the report like Report Header, Page Header, Details, Report Footer section, Page Footer. This sections are help to set your contain on the report screen.
    • Report Header: this section use to display the top of the report.
    • Page Header: after the Report Header you see report header, this section you will see all the other pages in the report
    • Details: here you add your report contain.
    • Report Footer section: here we add the last detailed information.
    • Page Footer: this section will appear in the bottom of every page of the report.
    Last edited by Glenny; 07-01-2010 at 08:11 PM.

Mostly Crystal Report 10 use for making reports, if you have data base and that you want to print in a particular manner on the paper, with the logo, columns, images and some common continents like your page header and footer. For using Crystal Report 10 we have to some knowledge about the some SQL queries using this we can manipulate the database. Using Crystal Report 10 we have to make at report at one time and run it many times, using SQL we can pull the data in the Crystal Report 10. Crystal Report 10 is easy to build, easy to read, and easy to learn.
    Last edited by Macarenas; 07-01-2010 at 08:09 PM.

I tell you what you know about the Crystal Report 10, if you don’t know the following things then you not able to create report in Crystal Report 10. In Crystal Report 10 you have to know tables in the database contain the data you want. Without table name you not able to select the database for making data base connection. After that you have to know about the data items you want in those tables. In Crystal Report 10 you have to know which tables in the database contain the data you want. After that you have to know what changes you have to made. There is also you know what changes you need.