Thread: Windows Media Player Locks up in Windows 7

Windows Media Player Locks up in Windows 7

I am getting very annoyed while using the Windows Media Player 12. I never got this problem before. While playing the songs with the Windows Player, all of the sudden it keeps locking my system. Windows Media Player Locks up in Windows 7 whenever I try to play song. Actually the song will start perfectly initially then after few seconds, it will start to skip exactly when we play the scratched record. Also many times the phrase of songs gets repeated. I have also tried to restore my system but that is also not working. Please help me to sort this problem.!!
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

Re: Windows Media Player Locks up in Windows 7

The Windows Media Player may Lock up in Windows 7 if it is getting conflicted with another applications. What other applications you have installed beside Windows player.?? The error of Windows Media player normally generates when it is conflict with the other running applications. Also have you installed the codec for Windows Media Player.?? The codec sometimes may cause the similar issue.

If you think that Windows Media Player is causing the issue, then try to uninstall that Windows player and download the latest Windows Media Player. You have described that the songs skip like playing the scratched record, it means that your Windows Media Player has corrupted. I think that reinstalling the application will solve the issue. You can also download the latest version of Media Player if you want. Hope that your problem get solved.!!

Are you sure that only Windows Media Player locks your Windows 7 ?? Many times the other applications also locks up the operating system. This is caused because of the Virus infection or some other malware that cause instability to your operating system. Due to which it gets locked and you cannot do anything. I would suggest you to scan your OS with the updated anti virus. Hope that it will certainly find some virus or malware. After scanning the system try to reinstall the application so that if it is corrupted, it will get repaired.

If nothing is working for you, then the last option remaining is to Repair your operating system. If you can repair only your Windows Media Player, it would be better. Otherwise you will have to repair your OS. You cam also install the other players like VLC or GOM to play the videos. I think that these applications are much better than the Windows Media Player. Many times the default player doesn't support the videos. So it would be best to install the applications that are more useful.

Windows7Guy Guest

Hello shivendra,

Have you checked compatibility?
    Just an FYI for you.

It is always best to check with the software manufacturer FIRST. They will tell you if they have tested the product and the version, as well as whether or not it will work with Windows 7.
    Check out the Windows 7 Compatibility site: (There you will find out about hardware and software compatibility.)
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/com...s/default.aspx
    There is a pulldown from which you can choose "hardware" and "software".

There are also some great articles, instructional videos and such to help with your Windows 7 at our Springboard site:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/default.aspx

In any event a lot of the times, Vista drivers will work in lieu of Windows 7 drivers, however, it's not 100%!

As stated previously, it's best to have the Windows 7 certified drivers installed.

Thanks again,
    John M.
    Microsoft Windows Client Support