Thread: Error message in firefox.exe

Error message in firefox.exe

Hello there, My desktop computer is installed with Windows Xp operating system. I use Mozilla firefox to browse internet and was never facing this problem before. Now whenever the firefox.exe is executed , an error message pops up saying "Firefox.exe has encountered a problem and needs to shut down". I get this message everytime I open the application. I cant figure out the problem and hence need your help to solve it.

Re: Error message in firefox.exe

I think the current installation of the Firefox on your system has got corrupt and needs to be repaired. It happens many times that the files of the installed application get corrupt due to some reasons. These corrupted files create problem during execution of the application. To solve such problem you will either have to replace the corrupted files or will have to reinstall the whole browser again. Reinstalling the browser again is a good idea according to me as it will replace all the files which are used by the browser.

The error you are getting is mostly due to corrupt addons or application files in the browser. Add-ons and application get installed in firefox when the system is connected to Internet. If the add-ons and applications are not installed properly due to internet connection it creates problem while running the base application. Remove the add-ons and applications which are installed on in Firefox and see if the problem persists. Removing add-ons and application will solve the problem according to me.

Mozilla firefox has a feature called safe mode. You can execute the application in safe mode and see if it gives the same error. In safe mode the browser loads with minimum requirements which are needed for the browser to run smoothly. All the add-ons and 3rd party applications are disabled in safe mode which make diagnosis of the problem very easy. To open the application in safe mode type "firefox.exe\safemode" in the Run tab. Once the browser opens in safe mode check if it gives the same error. If the browser does not give error in safe mode then remove all the addons and 3rd party applications. If the browser gives error in safe mode then you will have to re install the browser again.

There is a high possibility that your computer is infected by some virus. Virus's are malicious programs which get downloaded while visiting a Website or while opening emails. When such programs get, they tend to get linked with exe files of the applications which are frequently used. When such programs get linked with the exe files of the application it creates problems during execution of such applications. Hence scan your computer with an updated antivirus and repair the infected files. Repairing the infected files will solve your problem.

Which version of firefox are you using? The older versions of firefox have many problems that prevent the application from running smoothly. Therefore check if the application is installed properly. I would recommend that you uninstall the current installed version of the browser and then download the latest available version. After downloading install the new version of the browser. If the problem persists then there is something wrong with the Operating system and it needs to be repaired. I think after re-installation of the browser the problem will not occur.