Thread: Bug 9623 - Adobe Photoshop CS2 !

Bug 9623 - Adobe Photoshop CS2 !

I am using the Adobe Photoshop CS2. Nowadays I am getting the Error, don't know the reason behind it. My Adobe Photoshop CS2 crashes without Times.TTF from corefonts. This also happened while I was using the Photoshop 7.0. Does the problem is occurring because of the Adobe application or is it something else ?? Also it shows the Bug 9623, what does that mean.? Please help me soon.!!
    The Gaming Machine:
    Processor: Core 2 Duo E6400
    Motherboard: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
    RAM: 2GB XMS2 Corsair PC2-6400
    Video: ATI Radeon X1900XT 512MB w/ Arctic Accellero
    Drive: 74GB "WD Raptor" 10000RPM
    Sound: Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi
    Watercooling: *Soon* Zalman Reserator

Re: Bug 9623 - Adobe Photoshop CS2 !

Even I was facing the Bug 9623 - Adobe Photoshop CS2 on my system. When I start working on the other system where I didn't installed the corefonts, there it worked flawlessly. I don't the reason behind it. I think that the Error Photoshop generates it can't complete the specified operation because a system font was not found. Also I think that it's not Times New Roman that is selected in the tool. For installing the corefonts works you can use the winetricks.
    Last edited by chroma; 07-01-2010 at 04:40 PM.

The Photoshop 7.0 also had the similar problem but it leads to a "hardware error". I have also observed that Photoshop has a list of default fonts which includes the Georgia, Times New Roman, Tahoma, Comic Sans MS, etc. for its built in text styles. If at least one font is not existing from that list, then the created prefs file contains the correct data which run properly next time. For fixing this problem you would have to add a font substitution. Hope that adding the font substitution will fix your issue.

I have also installed the Adobe Photoshop in my system, and have installed the corefont as the part of distribution. I am not getting such error. It seems that the system font must be installed. I think that even you should do the same. That will help you to isolate your problem. Otherwise you can also check the Tahoma, since the Wine has a Tahoma replacement now. Maybe that will help you to eliminate the Bug 9623-Photoshop CS2 crashes without Times.TTF. If it does please let us know.

I have tried to install the Tahoma. But that doesn't fix my problem. I think that Tahoma is not useful for the Adobe Photoshop 7. Even the other than Tahoma which is from Microsoft installed not helped using the winetricks. I think that it is quite possible that they can be helpful for the Adobe Photoshop CS2. I will check that soon with the CS2 with hope that at least it should work properly with that version.

You can add the following key to start your Adobe Photoshop CS2 without the times.ttf :

[Software\\Wine\\Fonts\\Replacements]
    "Times New Roman"="Tahoma"
    to ~/.wine/user.reg

But I have doubt that this key will work for the Photoshop 7. I think that there will be someway out for that version.