Thread: How can I highlight duplicate rows of excel sheet with color?

How can I highlight duplicate rows of excel sheet with color?

Hello friends,

I have one query regarding the Microsoft excel. I have one large excel file. For which I want highlight all the duplicate values from the sheet with specific color. I have searched solution for this but didn't get any right solution. Is anyone know any way to highlight duplicate rows of excel sheet with color ? Please give me some suggestion over this.

Re: How can I highlight duplicate rows of excel sheet with color?

Hi, I think you should try following procedure to highlight duplicate rows with color:
    • First highlight all the rows/cells on which you to work.
    • Then choose the "conditional formatting" option from the toolbar.
    • The find "Highlight rules" and then select "duplicate values"
    • Then choose the color in which you want to highlight.
    • After this click on "Apply".

Hi friend,

It is possible to apply color to highlighted duplicate rows of excel sheet. But thing is that you can apply one one color to all duplicate value. It is not possible to assign different colors to highlighted duplicate rows. For this you will get the option "conditional formatting" in the Microsoft excel. Here you will get option known as "Highlight duplicate values". I hope this information will help you.

Hello friend,

The "Highlight Duplicates" option is used to apply color code to all highlighted duplicate rows. Using this option you can apply more than one background color to the duplicate rows. For example if there is duplication for entry "AMP" , you can apply Blue background color to it. Suppose there is another duplicate entry for "lkj", you can also apply yellow background color to it. You can also apply the dynamic colors for the highlighted duplicate rows.

Hi,

Initially create a list of excel items that you have to highlight in colors. If you want highlight the items from the different sheet of excel then you need to use the "conditional formatting" such as "Select range A3:A8". You can get the "Conditional Formatting" in the "Format". Then select formula form dropdown menu. Then type "COUNTIF ($C$3:$C$4,A3)" formula. Then select Format button and then select color for row highlighting and then click OK.

To highlight duplicates rows in excel sheet for this you an use the "TEXT function" of the Microsoft excel. See below example:
    =C2 & " " & D2 & " " & TEXT(F2,"dd/mm/yyyy")
    Here C2 and D2 are the two columns of the excel sheet. And the F2 is the cell of the excel sheet. This formula will highlight all the duplicate entries between C2 and D2 column.