Thread: Unable to view restored Images

Unable to view restored Images

I have accidentally deleted some images from my dell inspiron laptop. After that i searched over google and different search engines and then i downloaded a software called recuva and restored my files back but now i am unable to view the restored images. Anybody has any ideas in this matter can please help me. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Crooked; 06-01-2010 at 10:58 PM.

Re: Unable to view restored Images

This was also the case with me when i accidentally deleted a file from my folder as well as from the recycle bin. I used the recuve software to restore these files back. But i noticed that i cannot view the images any more. In desperation i used the QuickTime Picture Viewer and to my surprise i was able to view those restored images.

Firstly i would like to thank you for replying me. But i tried your suggestion but really that could not help me because when i used the QuickTime Picture Viewer i always get an error message which states that suitable graphics importer could not be found. I have also tried some other picture viewer too but that too could not help me. So please suggest some other solutions so that i can get rid of this problem.

It seems like the file is written over because when you delete a file from your system the windows mark it and writes another file to the concerned space. So till the time it does not write any thing to this space you can recover that image but if your system writes something on these space you cannot get that and hence no third party tool can help you to recover the deleted file. Which might be possible in your case and hence you cannot get your images back again.

It seems that the softare which you used for restoring has not restored the files properly. So if you try to restore the deleted images with the help of a new Restore software and then i think you must be able to view all your restored images. I think that this will surely solve your issue.

Thank you once again for replying i tried all the solutions but Eric B suggestion worked for me i used a different software for restoring the deleted images and found that the restored images can now be viewed and hence i am very much thankful to you. Thanks a lot Eric B once again.