Thread: Error 1308: Source file not found while installing pcAnywhere

Error 1308: Source file not found while installing pcAnywhere

Hi,

While I am installing symentec pcAnywhere on windows 7, I got following error; Error 1308. Source file not found. I have checked with the path.File is not there.I don't think that installation exe is corrupted. I went to that path it says it can not access, but all the file permissions are correct and it should have full access. Plz give the appropriate solution.

Re: Error 1308: Source file not found while installing pcAnywhere

As per Microsoft follow the steps below :

1. Click Start and then click Help and Support.
    2. In the Search Help box or in the Search box online help, type troubleshoot installation or uninstalling programs, and then click Search Help.
    3. In the list of topics, click Troubleshoot installing or uninstalling programs.
    4. Click the link that best describes the problem you are experiencing.
    5. Follow the suggestions to solve the problem you are experiencing.

Error 1308. Source file not found, this is an indication that the installer you are using is not complete. Check the file size of the installer. Most of the installers are at least 2 megabytes. To resolve this problem, repair or upgrade the Windows Installer Service. You must download the installer from the website again.

These errors are due to a problem with long filenames (Long File Names - LFNs), which were reduced to 8.3-name. The installer only works with LFNs and not with those who have been reduced to 8.3-name. This may arise because the pcAnywhere installation files on a NetWare drive or another network drive were copied that does not support long filenames.

The problem can be solved by the installation files are copied to the local hard disk or the program is installed directly from the CD. Another possibility is to alter the network properties that will support long file names.