Thread: How to Add Combo Box to a Worksheet of Excel?

How to Add Combo Box to a Worksheet of Excel?

I am having the Microsoft Office Excel 2007. I just want to know that how to add Combo Box to Worksheet Of Excel. I have tried a lot but I am not able to do that. I even tried to search on Google, but the results I got was not able to understand. Since they have used the high technique language and I am beginner to such thing, I expect some help in the simple language. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciable.
    "All gave some, some gave all."

Re: How to Add Combo Box to a Worksheet of Excel?

You can Add a Combo Box using the following steps :
    (this applies to the form control)
    1. Click the Office Button and then click on the Excel options.
    2. Under Top options for working with Excel you will find the Popular category, in that select the Show Developer tab in the Ribbon check box, and then click OK.
    3. Now on the Developer tab, click Insert which will be in Controls group and then under Form Controls, click Combo box Button image.
    4. In the Control group click the worksheet location where you want the upper-left corner of the combo box to appear.
    5. Now the drop-down arrow should be displayed with the text box collapsed.
    Hope that it will help you.

You can also specify the control properties. Right click on the Control and then click Format control. If you want to specify the control properties, do the following :
    1. In the Input range box, enter a cell reference having a range that contains the values that you want to display in the drop-down list of the combo box.
    2. And in the Cell link box, enter the cell reference containing the selection in the drop-down list of the combo box.

You can enter the number of lines to display in the drop-down list of the combo box in the In the Drop-down lines box. The following are the values associated with the drop-down list of the combo box :
    • 0, it is ignored totally and treated as 1.
    • If the number is less than the number of items in the range specified in the Input range box, then a scroll bar is displayed.
    • If the number is equal to or greater than the number of items in the range specified in the Input range box, then no scroll bar is displayed.

You can also Add a combo box in the ActiveX control using the following steps : (you have to follow the same steps till you click Combo box Button)
    • Then click on the worksheet location where you want the upper-left corner of the combo box to appear.
    • Now to edit the ActiveX control, you should be in the design mode.
    • You can turn on the Design Mode by going to the Developer tab, in the Controls group and turning the Design Mode Button on.
    • Then for specifying the control properties, click Properties Edit code button which will be on the Developer tab, in the Controls group.

You can use the property AutoLoad (Excel) whenever you want to check whether the control is loaded when the workbook is opened. This property will be ignored for ActiveX controls. The property Locked (Form) is used to check whether the control can be edited. The property Bold, Italic, Size, StrikeThrough, Underline, Weight (Form) is used for checking the Font attributes. And the property AutoSize (Form) will help you to check the size of the control automatically adjusts to display all the contents.