Thread: Firefox URL problem

Firefox URL problem

This problem started last week after i upgraded. I am a Firefox user and usually i browse over the internet with it. Also i am using it since last three years and now when i upgraded it to the latest fire version. The problem is that when i open it, the Firefox browser always shows www.google.com in the URL It doesn't seem to matter what web site I'm on.I am having the Microsft's windows Vista. I am not sure that this problem is cropped up due to the upgradation.
    Last edited by Callium; 06-01-2010 at 04:40 PM.

Re: Firefox URL problem

Well its quite simple to get rid if this bug you just have to cancel the upgradation that is you have to downgrade it. Since you cannot downgrade the Firefox you will have to uninstall the Firefox's version which is already installed and then reinstall the earlier version or the latest version or whichever you like.

To solve this error you will have to start the mozilla firefox in the safemodeyou can achieve it by the Opening it from the start menu go to all programs select mozill firefox and then click on the Mozilla Firefox(Safe mode). This will start the mozilla firefox to start in the safe mode. This will solve your issue because some times such problems are arises due to an extension.

Hello everyone , Thanks a lot for replying and giving solutions to my Firefox problem. I cannot open the firefox in the safe mode instead of following your seps that you specified in your reply i can't find an option like "Mozlla firefox (Safe mode) ". It just shows the "Mozilla Firefox " option . I think that there must be some other way to open the firefox in the safe mode. Also the reinstallation does not help me. so please suggest some other solution to this problem.

I think your firefox files would have been corrupted and hence you are not able to view the safe mode option in the programs -> Mozilla firefox . So there is an other method to achieve this just go to the start menu click the run and type anyone of the following commands
    1."firefox -safe-mode" without the double quotes.
    2."C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe -safe-mode" without the double quotes.

You are facing this problem because your firefox profile is corrupted and hence you will have to create a new profile in mozill firefox. Please follow the steps below in order to create a new firefox profile.
    1.Close Firefox completely by choosing "File -> Exit".
    2.Select start menu->Run->type in firefox -P and the click OK
    3.A new window will appear and you will have to click on create and follow the instruction.
    4. After the creation of new profile restart the Firefox browser and i think you will definitely fix this issue.