Thread: Problem in reading stream

Problem in reading stream

Hello everyone,
    I have a little problem, I bought a laptop recently, everything goes well but unfortunately I can not play the streaming. I updated my wmp 10, I looked toward the antivirus, firewall. but it still does not work. The windows media player window is open, but dark and in the task bar is marked "ready", but impossible to play, nothing happens (I do not know if I've been pretty clear). Is there any solution to this problem. Thank you very much
    Last edited by Windowed; 06-01-2010 at 11:06 AM.

Re: Problem in reading stream

Hello,
    I am not very good at computers, but what you described looks like what happens when we do not have all codecs installed in our computer. May be you should look into this? I recommend you to install mplayer codec if your or on windows or you or on linux, the mplayer plugin works very well. Hope this will help you, install the codecs and then try streaming the video.

Hello
    Even I was think of the same. I went to check, and I have all codecs installed, plus the "mega k-lite codec pack, but it still does not work. Do you have any more idea about his how to work with this. Someone had another idea if you please? Can I try uninstalling k-lite codec pack and reinstall it again? Will this solve the problem? Thanks in advance.

Hi
    I often saw this problem with this software what wmp beta. Try to download video lan client (vlc). It is totally free and quite good for networking. Tell me if it works better if not, what is the extension of what you try to open? There are lot of video players that are available in market, that too even free. Good luck

Hello,
    I have also had some problems when I wanted to play some videos (DivX), so I download j "GSPOT", which is seeking a software codec needed to read the video, until then everything you may need is fine I can play my DIVX. But when I want to read a dvd so I can not try to find the proper codecs with Gspot, but it binds only AVI files that do not suit for m my dvd does not contain a zip file. I would have need of aid in the matter.

Hi
    But on DVD is by no means the same thing. There are many different codecs, there is only one, who owns more. You could have it with windvd or powerdvd for example, otherwise you will not know read dvd. Your gspot does not work obviously not in this case, since it is as you say VOB and not avi. Try with the other player or install some other codecs and then try to stream video or audio. If you have any more problem then do post back.