Thread: Enable full screen in Open Office

Enable full screen in Open Office

Hi,
    I had just installed Open Office on my MAC computer. I am new to this application so need your help in working out with it. First how to identify the cell selection event in the paper and create a chart by macro. I just need the steps others I can handle. If I have two documents then is there a way by which I can compare the two version of the documents. And the most important thing how to enable full screen viewing in it and change the type of quotes in the papers. Thanks in advance.

Re: Enable full screen in Open Office

The procedure detects the selection of cells in the spreadsheet. If the selection is made in the first sheet and the columns F to J, the value 1 is part of the cell. The content is deleted if the cell contains the value 1. The below command with will be very helpful to your. You can simply run the macro Add_SelectionChangeListener.

To create a chart you will have to first look that which type of chart do you want. There are several types of graphs. Like LineDiagram (Linear), PieDiagram (Sector), AreaDiagram (Surfaces), BarDiagram (bars) and XYDiagram (Scatter). You can use a method addNewByName to get the chart diagram you want on your word processor.

When you have two versions of a file, it is sometimes useful to compare the copy and the original. OOo has a tool. This helps you to combine the two documents in the original file, to identify the changes and to accept or reject each difference. Open your original document, then select the Edit menu > Compare Documents. Then select the copy of the document and click Insert. Then you will get result.

OpenOffice.org combines both documents in your original document. All text passages that appear in your document, but not in the copy are identified as insertions, and all text passages missing in your original document are identified as deletions. You can then accept the "insertions", in which case the corresponding text remains in its original form, or accept the "deletions", in which case the marked text (in the copy) is not inserted in the document. The review function is available for text documents and workbooks.

Without macro, you can use the View Menu > Full Screen. The following procedure gives the same result. Do not forget to create a button to return to normal mode, if necessary. The macro does not always work when run from the Macros IDE. And if you have quotes then you can change it by this way. Go to Tools Menu and then AutoCorrect. Go to Tabs Custom Quotes and uncheck the Replace in the double. Click the OK button to confirm.