Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

CCC.exe process running in Task Manager

Windows Software

Old 06-01-2010

Hi all,

I am using Windows vista as a operating system in my PC, recently my system is going slow then i will check the system task bar and found CCC.exe process is running, I am doubtful that because of this my system is going to slow. Is any body have any information about this, Please reply.

Old 06-01-2010

Its part of your ATI video card driver package. It stands for Catalyst Control Center. ccc.exe utility is installed into your Program Files\ATI Technology directory. When you right click on the dektop then you will find Catalyst Control Center. You can also removed the start up from there. If you want to more information, Go to ATI official website .
Old 06-01-2010

If you want to remove the icon from system tray then you can clicking Options > Preferences > Enable System Tray Menu to turn it off. It will save a few resources and keep your system tray cleaner. It may be depend upon driver version that what driver you have used. Lets try this method and reply.
Old 06-01-2010

If you want to total uninstall the CCC.exe from your PC then you need to do by Control Panel, and just removing it from there using the control panel wizard, You can also totally uninstall the entire package, and then reinstall without selecting the control panel. Ití is up to you. Best of luck.
Old 06-01-2010

You need to install ATI Drivers Manually without installing Catalyst. You can do by right clicking on Display driver in Device Manager and choosing Update Driver Software. when the wizard is opened, you can allow Windows to search automatically. You need to insert the DVD drive in your PC for drivers. This process will install ATi drivers without Catalyst.
Old 06-01-2010

Re: CCC.exe process running in Task Manager

If you want to kill the ccc.exe process without the ATI utilities uninstalled. then you can create a shortcut for the following taskkill /f /im ccc.exe and put them into a start up folder and create a scheduled task for this. This is the safest and easiest method to get rid of the process.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,