Thread: What are variables in Open Office

What are variables in Open Office

Hi,
    What are the variables in Open Office. I need an complete information on the same. And then how to use those variables in the applications. I also need entire procedure for using them out. Basically the languages are made for easy use. One thing I found good in Open language is that it simple and easy to use. I can use the language with any explicit declaration. Last thing I want to know about is Option Explicit. What does this means. I am using the same on Snow Leopard. Thanks in advance.

Re: What are variables in Open Office

The variables used to store and manipulate information in a macro. The different charactrestcis of the same is. It is a name that provides access to the data it contains myVar. It is also a type of data. For example, String and Integer in the procedures below. The macro assigns a string (Hello!) In a variable (myVar) then displays a MsgBox.

The data may be modified during the execution of the macro. An example to assign a numerical value to a variable, display in a MsgBox, add a new value to this variable, then displays the new result. Avoid naming variables using keywords or instructions / functions reserved by the application if you are implementing any or going for the same.

Variable names must begin with an alphabetic character and must not exceed 255 characters. The names must not contain special characters.
    The caratère underscore _ is accepted. Try naming the most explicit possible to facilitate the reading of your program. The data type must be defined according to the value taken by the variable.

A variable set incorrectly for a particular context, may generate an error message. Each data type uses a memory space. It is therefore important to define the proper data type to free up memory space and does not unnecessarily delay the processing of the macro. All variables are converted to Variant if no other type of data is explicitly stated.

The Option Explicit is used to enforce the explicit declaration of all variables in a module. This statement must appear in the module header, before any procedure. The Option Explicit statement identifies a variable undeclared or misspelled (an error occurs). So here you can understand a basic overview of Option Explicit statement. It is necessary that you must have a proper knowledge of variables along with this to implement the same properly.