Thread: How to insert button into microsoft word?

How to insert button into microsoft word?

Hello guys,

From few days I am trying to insert the command button into the Microsoft word. I have tried many methods but nothing happened. And I need this to complete my project
    Please let me know any method to insert button into Microsoft word. Your help would be greatly appreciable

Re: How to insert button into microsoft word?

Hi friend,

You can insert any button into Microsoft word document. And to do this first you need to enable "Visual basic" option. You can get this option from "Toolbar". When you enable this "Visual basic" toolbar, you can use all Command Button and control boxes. To apply the executable code for this button you need to write code into the "VBA script". This code will get executed only when you will click on the command button. I hope it will help you to understand the button concept of Microsoft word.

To insert the button into the Microsoft word do the steps:
    • First open new document in Word.
    • Then Press Alt+F11 keys to go to the Visual Basic Editor.
    • Then form the Tools menu, click References.
    • Then Select the reference for Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Extensibility.
    • Then Insert a new module, and then add the code of command button.
    • Then you need to Run the macro "Test".
    • Once the macro "Test" finishes running, you will see a new CommandButton control on a new word document. When you click the CommandButton control, the Click event of that control fires.

Hi,

If you want to add the macro button into Microsoft word then you need to follow below steps:
    1. Open a new Microsoft word document.
    2. Then go to "Tools menu" and select "Customize" option.
    3. Then select the "Commands tab" and then scroll down the Categories. The find "Macros" in it.
    4. After this you can see names of macros that you have created in the Commands box.
    5. Then finally you need to Click, hold, and drag that macro onto any toolbar and release it.
    6. After this a button with the name of the macro will included in the toolbar.

Hello friend,

It is very easy to insert the command button into word using the visual basic component of the word. You need to use the "Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Extensibility" for this. And add the macro for the defined command button. If you want to know more about procedure which is required to insert command button then visit the following link:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/246299

Hi,

I have this done this process using the "Word VBA project". This is used to hire the VB component in to the Microsoft word. Initially the "Word VBA project" is disabled By default. And before running any code for your word command button you first need to enable it. Suppose "Word VBA project" is disabled and you are trying to run the button code. Then you will definitely get the run time error with error code "6068". The error message is like "Programmatic Access for Visual Basic Project is not trusted". So keep in mind this thing when you use the command button in word.