Thread: Unable to burn CDs in Windows 7 x64

Unable to burn CDs in Windows 7 x64

I am using the desktop computer at home from last couple of years and configuration of it is: AM2 X2 4000, 2GB DDR3, 512GB HDD, Samsung DVD RW, X-FI Fatalty sound card. I was firstly using Windows XP, but few days i upgraded my operating system to Windows 7 64bit. After installing this new Windows 7, i am not able to burn CDs, don't why? When i was using Windows Xp there were no problems. Please help me to out of this problem.

Re: Unable to burn CDs in Windows 7 x64

According to me the problem face by is due to improper working of RAM, maybe your machine is working slow and application would not able to respond for burning cd's. To get out of the problem, just open up the CPU and remove the RAM and clean it with rubber genitally. And then insert it back to its place. Now, try to burn cd/dvd think so it will do. Hope you will be able to solve the problem.

I think the case would be not of improper drivers or software but burning files itself. Check if the file is protected or if burning the song file it may with media usage rights, which only allows to playback song and not write/burn on CDs. If the information button (blue circle with an ā€œIā€ in it) appears next to the song in the burn list, click the button to see more information about the issue. So, in your also maybe the file which you are trying to burn is protected.

Actually you have not provided full details correctly. Which software are you using for burning cds?. Because in Windows 7 most of cases of not able to burn cds is due incorrect use of software. If software is your problem, then there are several software's which you can use and are simple and worry less with Windows 7 and also gives you a simplest way to burn/compile CD/DVD media. A few are the following: PowerISO, MagicISO, Ultra ISO, etc.

Which CD burner are using right now?. I would suggest you to use Nero software for burning/writing the CD/DVD. This software mostly used by everyone for burning/writing, it has very simple steps to burn CD's. If using the Nero first time then try to burn the CD's at lower speed, and check wether you are solve the problem or not. There were various other software in market to burn CD's you check that also. But always burn CD's at lower speed then the maximum speed in order to avoid any problem.

There are various cases which causes problem while burning CD's in Windows 7. It may be due to software problem, hardware problem, Cd's problem, etc. Take the following precautions which may fix your problem.
    1] Update the firmware.
    2] Always use a branded disks(CD's)
    3] Clean the laser once in a week
    4] Check DMA is enabled or not
    5] Check the power cable of CD or DVD writer is plugged in.
    Last edited by kattman; 05-01-2010 at 11:06 AM.

Good info.Thank you.