Thread: Stream Recorded Audio in Windows PC

Stream Recorded Audio in Windows PC

Hi,
    I need some tips for streaming audio on a Windows PC. I have a Windows Vista PC with Windows Media player 11 in it. I browse some online radio which plays my favorite channels. I want to record those. Secondly which is the best way to stream audio in my PC. What types of tools are needed for the same. I want tips for all types software and audio formats. The tools must not be composite to a particular format only.

Re: Stream Recorded Audio in Windows PC

When you listen to a music source on the Web (an internet radio for example) you may want to save to your hard drive the music you just listen. But this music is played continuously (streaming), it is not a file you can download, at least not at first sight. But if you try to check out your temp folder then you can guess out a temp audio file created on your hard drive while streaming the audio.

It is necessary that you must only get those songs which are free for download. Beware, the audio file as you own then your PC must remain within the private domain, you have no right to sell, give or make any public share. Download NetTransport. It is a simple basic download manger which will help you to stream the online audio directly on your computer.

It is right that NetTransport is a free download manager free. But you will get only a 30 day version for yourself. Just download it and run it. At least you can test out and then decide to get a full version for the same. As a download manager, NetTransport allows to manage several simultaneously. You can then simply create a new download by clicking on the icon for this purpose.

There are many third party tools which will offers you a free download stream an online radio direct on your hard drive. I will recommend you to download SAM Broadcaster. The tool is simply build for online radio streaming just on one click. It is an internet radio client but not free. You can get a 14 day trail for the same. The tool not only give you continuous streaming but an good quality sound quality also.

NetTransport will give you more features and support than other radio client. For our example, I chose to record webradio Radio including streaming address. Jut fill in the URL field by the address of the streaming server (not the radio itself) that you want to record simultaneously. In the Directory box, select the directory where the file will be saved (which will soon reach several tens of megabytes if you let it run record long enough, do so to provide the square). Click on the More Settings button.