Thread: What is vOptimizer WasteFinder.

What is vOptimizer WasteFinder.

Hello Everybody, I am using the Windows server and i have successfully installed the Vizioncore VRanger Pro on this server and using it. I think this software is using much space unnecessarily while doing its tasks. Is there any software to deal with the wasted space by this software. How would it be using vOptimizer WasteFinder. Can i free those space which will be found by this waste finder?

vOptimizer WasteFinder.

I think you are going on right track. vOptimizer WasteFinder would be doing the perfect task which you want to do. vOptimizer WasteFinder scans through VMware vCenter Servers (formerly Virtual Center) to locate over allocated virtual storage and misaligned Virtual Machines (VMs). vOptimizer WasteFinder will provide a report for totals of wasted storage in the Space and Alignment Report.

Find wasted space by using WasteFinder.

WasteFinder is a unique storage optimization solution by which you can check that whether you are wasting an expensive space in locating the VMs. Even you would come to know that how much space you are wasting while doing it. vOptimizer WasteFinder also helps to locate those VMs which are not aligned properly.

vOptimizer WasteFinder: Wasted Storage Scan.

vOptimizer WasteFinder will provide you a Wasted Storage Scan by which you can scan vCenter Server/ESX Hosts and individual VMs. After scanning you will find out how much space has been consumed by a particular VM or host. Even you can add over-allocated VM storage throughout data centers. In addition to this it will be scanning those all VMs which are not aligned properly for 64K partition.

Space and Alignment Summary Report.

Space and Alignment Summary Report provided by the vOptimizer WasteFinder includes total used and over allocated VM storage which is discovered by the Wasted Storage Scan. Then it will give you some estimate about the wasted storage based on user entered values including storage cost and desired free space. In order to boost up the performance, VMs should be 64K partition aligned.

vOptimizer WasteFinder: Space Optimization

vOptimizer WasteFinder has Space Optimization which provides two free storage optimizations. If you have VMs that are using much space then they required or they are not aligned properly or the size of the VMs that are running out of space then this all the issues will be handles by the Space Optimization.