Thread: Excel Password Issue on Windows Vista

Excel Password Issue on Windows Vista

Just few days back i had upgraded my system from Windows Xp to Windows Vista. I had installed Microsoft Office 2003 on my system. Now the problem is that i had forgotten my excel password and i can not open my excel sheet on my machine. So, can any one tell me that how do i resolve Excel password issue on Windows Vista? Isn't there away to gain access to an excel file with out having to buy software? Any one has any idea about it? Kindly help em out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Excel Password Issue on Windows Vista

Fortunately, the Excel.Workbooks. Free software to crack passwords is usually limited to 4 positions, and consists in a "all combination" trying (ie aaaa,aaab,aaac, and so on). Open method takes an argument permitting you to specify the password required. So your code could get the hashed password from the registry (or from wherever you are storing it).

I have an Excel file that is password protected and before I protected it, it said do not forget the password as you will be unable to retrieve it. But if you want yo can try Excel Password Recovery Master program to delete the passwords for documents created in MS Excel 97/2000/XP/2003 files (. Xls,. Xlt,. Xla).

If you want, you can also try Excel Password Recovery Master 2.0.0.2 on you system. Did u tried to import it in powerpoint, just to be sure if file can be open. The above program allows you to reset the password for reading ( "open" password), but also to recover passwords for the modification ( "write" password) workbooks (workbook password), shared workbooks (shared workbook password) and spreadsheets (worksheet password).

Have you tried a Detect & Repair on the Help Menu? Try to modify : protection, modify denied.Next select the picture, copy, and paste in a new excel session, rows are not locked. This will sometimes fix a problem when a uninstall/reinstall won't help you.