Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to delete .mdb

Windows Software

Old 04-01-2010

Unable to delete .mdb

Hello,
I have a file access. "Mdb" which is on a server. The user connects via a network drive mounted at the opening of their session. The problem is that nobody is logged and the .mdb file is locked. "Ldb" is still in the folder where the file ". Mdb. I can not remove either my post or directly on the server. I would like to delete the file. "Mdb" and ". Ldb" to perform a restore using the backup. Because I tried to restore direct and it does not work must I come to delete the file before restoring my opinion. Do you have any idea about this, how to delete the file in this circumstances. Thank you for your help.

Last edited by Aaliya Seth : 04-01-2010 at 08:58 AM.
Old 04-01-2010

Re: Unable to delete .mdb

Hi
You tried to boot in safe login mode, where is your data base located? I think that you would delete the ldb file first before deleting mdb file. I am not sure why you can not delete the file, do you have access to administrator account? If not then speak with your administrator about the same and delete the files. Are you on a single computer or in a network of computers.
Old 04-01-2010

Hi
Quote:
Are you on a single computer or in a network of computers.
In fact it is a server machine, I'll see more light than is the domain controller.
I will try to explore this further later in the day. I thank you for your idea I will keep abreast. If you have any more ideas where the administrator login is not required, I would be more happy. If you have one then please do post back.
Old 04-01-2010

Hello,
When you're sure that no user is logged in, try to open it with notepad and delete the information therein. I have not tried this yet, but one of my friends had done this before, not sure though it works. Still you can have a try. I am sorry I do not know the full process. I think this should then allow to delete.
Old 04-01-2010

Hello,
I had made a file in the LDB file which has disappeared. I do not know how, even i was searching on internet for this, but have not arrived with a solution yet. I know that nobody was logged on the application. But then I just run a restore the file. "Mdb". And lucky the whole database was been restored. You can try this alternative if it is not deleting, first restore the .mdb file, once it is done then try to delete the file and see if it is deleted .
Old 04-01-2010

Hello,
In fact, I have a similar problem, my environment users access to an Access database (. Mdb) located on a server via network drive. When they connect, I have the file <. Ldb> is being created correctly.
If my database crashed (this happens quite often and I do not know why), Access offers me to repair ... but this does not work because the file <. ldb> is locked? While no one is logged. I try to delete the file <. Ldb>: not (even live on the server)! I am forced to restart the server to then be able to delete my file <. Ldb> and repair my database. If someone has an idea why I can not delete the file on my server, I am customer info.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,