Thread: Windows Media Trouble

Windows Media Trouble

I have windows media 11 I got it last month. I got Windows media 10 with zune mp3 player Installed it and then put window media 11 back in. I found out that neither one of these windows media players will burn a cd for me. My computer is strange and I should have stuck with windows media 9.

I can uninstall windows media 11 but it installes windows media 10 because I had it on my pc before I was looking for the uninstall in start run (regedit) but I already unintalled windows media 9, and can't find windows media 10.

Any ideas I have windows media 11. Can roll back to wm10 but want to go with the OEM factory windows media 9.

Ps I tried everything to get window media 11 to burn cds it just burns the first song and then ejects. It is a waste I have tried many other programs and no go. Tried all the trouble shooting and asked many people about it and still in a bind.
    thanks for you time

Re: Windows Media Trouble

To do so, you simple can run a program called regsvr32 in the run prompt in the start menu. Tell it to run: regsvr32 C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpband.dll. An incorrect version of the Wmpui.dll file is registered on your computer. This may occur when you install some third-party programs. If that doesn't work , simply copy the file (wmpband.dll) from the media player folder, and paste a copy directly in the C: folder. Then do the run command again: regsvr32 C:\wmpband.dll. The second option worked for me (it will tell you if it was successful or if it failed). Then, restart Windows Media Player, right click the taskbar, go to toolbar, and the Windows Media Player should be back.