Thread: MS Office apps activated under Virtual XP mode How do I deactivate?

question MS Office apps activated under Virtual XP mode How do I deactivate?

Under Win7 I installed Virtual XP mode & Office XP Small Business apps which I then activated. All works fine.

I then read that most XP apps should run on Win7 without problems. So, I decided to install Office XP apps on Win7 to see if they worked and If so I would remove the Virtual XP and apps.

I was able to install Office XP apps but I could not Activate them as message states that they are currently activated on another computer (this is the same box, different OS). I don't want to loose the activated apps if I can not get the Win7 apps to activate.

Questions -- How do I activate the Win7 Office XP apps.? If I remove the Virtual XP and its apps will I then be able to activate the Win7 Office XP apps?

Do not deactivate from the Virtual XP mode

I suggest you to not deactivate from the Virtual XP mode since there are many problems with the applications that work in Windows 7. I guess that you have got some wrong information that all applications and programs of Windows XP work well in Windows 7. The reality is that it is totally the other way round. Since, you will be having problems while working with applications in Windows 7, I suggest you to keep the Virtual XP mode.

star Re: MS Office apps activated under Virtual XP mode How do I deactivate?

Thanks for the input.

I did get with MS and was able to get the Win7 Office XP activated.
    However, I did remove the Virtual XP mode. I can always redo if I run into problems.