Thread: Error while running setup in Vista

Error while running setup in Vista

Hi,
    My Vista is not working properly. I was facing some virus issues but after that too it very slow and I have to run the same in Safe Mode. I had taken the backup of my system already. Before formatting the entire computer I will list you some problems. When I try to run a setup of any program it gives out error. BSOD appears afters sometime. This can be due to incompatible programs. How to check the compatibility and some programs are not getting out of Add Remove even after uninstalling them. I tried to schedule some autorun programs on startup and hide my data partition. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Re: Error while running setup in Vista

You cannot say that a error. It might the UAC ( User Account Control ) of Windows Vista which is blocking the program. Just enter the control panel and disable it. Other wise the setup might be corrupted. These errors are not really, but rather the protections built into Windows Vista. The first warning notifies you simply want an executable to launch and ask you if you allow the introduction or not.

When you see a warning when a setup is executed the it is the UAC. After that if you have a second warning then the setup will not run the executable and shows you a message like: the file equires the Load Driver and Debug Privileges. This means that the program requires administrative rights important and potentially dangerous. If you still want to run, made right-click the executable, then click Run Elevated . The executable should then function normally.

The blue screen when it occurs, provides information on the cause of the error so it is very useful to view it. By default, when a blue screen, Windows reboots, but you can try to change the same. Follow the below steps and try this solutions. Click on Start > Settings > Control Panel > System > Advanced tab. Then under the option of Startup and Recovery remove the tick from Automatically restart.

May times some applications running under Windows XP or earlier verison then there is a high probability of being Windows Vista compatible. For Windows 95, 98 or NT, the chances are lower. Only a test will confirm this compatibility, or seeking information on the website of the software. But there is a way to simply test that. You can launch an application in compatibility mode, which allows Windows Vista to emulate an older Windows.

It is probably a virus issue. You will need to re-install computer. Or else try to disconnect all the hardware and uninstalled newly installed programs. It is possible that some third party tool is not compatible with Windows Vista and causing the trouble. This is found most common for bluetooth drivers. For removing a program from the Add Remove you have to edit Windows registry. Access to the registry. Click on Start > Run > Type regedit), and expand the tree HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ MICROSOFT \ WINDOWS \ CURRENTVERSION \ UNINSTALL: delete key when the corresponding program.