Thread: BitComet Keeps Crashing on Windows Vista

BitComet Keeps Crashing on Windows Vista

From last few months i had been running Windows Vista as my operating system. Now the problem is that my Bitcomet client keeps crashing and i can not close it or restart it. Even my task manager doesn't show any effect at all. So, can any one tell me that why does BitComet keep on crashing on my Windows Vista? Any one knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: BitComet Keeps Crashing on Windows Vista

I think you need to change the port settings back to default settings. I've had no problems downloading multiple torrents using the latest Utorrent beta on Windows Vista. Maybe a service pack, maybe hardware (for this does sound like a hardware issue).

The BitComet bittorrent client is a powerful, clean, fast, and easy-to-use bittorrent client. For that you need to check your task manager and monitor your cpu and memory usage . If you have the same problem as me the usage will keep increasing until bitcomet becomes too lag and it shuts off. Some claim that the BitComet bittorrent client is responsible for slow transfers when other bittorent clients are connected to it. However, others claim that Bitcomet has nothing to do with slow transfer and swear by it.

Memory errors cause the kind of symptoms you're reporting. You lose nothing by doing the test. Bit comet has integrated IE6, so perhaps if your trying to use bit comets browser, its conflicting with your IE7. Tried replacing ntdll.dll file from dll-files.com, and this time 0.70 lasted 15 minutes before dying the same way. 0.70 does seem to last longer than 0.73 though, but it still crashes in the same way eventually.

I would suggest you run "msconfig" from the "run" command, and look at your "startup" tab, and disable anything you don't need to run everytime your computer starts. The BitComet client was written in C++. C++ is an industry standard object-oriented programming language that is highly recognized and has a reputation of being well written, fast, and reliable.

BitComet has no special requirements besides the standards for space and any modern OS should work fine. BitComet's IE is only a shell. It uses the IE modules on your system so it doesn't have to install a browser. That's why it uses IE instead of FireFox or Opera, which is better than both IE & FF. Fortunately the manual hash check that I found mention of elsewhere here allows me to restart from where it really left off, so it's annoying but not as bad as it was initially.