Thread: Connecting between Excel and Word

Connecting between Excel and Word

Hello,
    I want to know if it is possible to create automatic links between Excel and Word. I will explain it more clearly, I have an Excel file with drop down lists (combo which contain small paragraphs) and a Word file that uses standard document. I wish my choice once selected, is there a way to send this paragraph in Word. Each combo has a special place in the Word document. Any advice on this or suggestions. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Windowed; 30-12-2009 at 10:42 AM.

Re: Connecting between Excel and Word

Hello
    The combo should be met from cells of the worksheet in Excel. Furthermore the result of selection must be stored somewhere in Excel. Do you want it in the text form? If yes, direct mail from these cells is feasible. Why the drop-down lists of paragraphs, I think they are in form template Word? Are there any calculations for the paragraphs?

Hello
    Yes, the cells from which are true drop-down lists are available. I have a special sheet where all texts are listed. Regarding the question- I have not made the drop downs in Word because I do not know it was possible. But if it's easier by making them on Word. I actually do it, because there is no calculation for these paragraphs.
    The aim of this work is to create a tool for writing protocols which employees will have to choose the paragraph title they want in the dropdown menu and clicking on the text will appear.

Hello
    I think you can do this with two columns in excel. Note sure though but can be done in the following way.
    a b
    nm1 ad1
    nm2 ad2
    nm3 ad3
    nm4 ad4
    The listbox has posted two columns in my example.
    Here a and b are the two columns.

Hello
    Please check out this code, it may help you. I had done it few months before, but I do not remember that I had got the correct results of it. Still, for a guide line you can use it.
    Code:
    Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()
        We Error Resume Next
            Sun wapp As Object
            Sun wdoc As Object
            Sun n As Integer
            Sun str As String
            Sun place As String

str = Left(ListBox1.Value, InStr(1, ListBox1.Value, " ") - 1) 
                place = Replace(ListBox1.Value, str & " ", "")  

Set wapp = CreateObject("Word.Application")                                           'session opens Word
                Set wdoc = wapp.Documents.Open("C: \ label \ Etiquette.doc")                                 'opens Word document
                    wapp.Visible = False                                                              'word hidden during operation
                    wdoc.Bookmarks("T1").Range.Text = str                                 'Replace Text1 Bookmark in wd by column1 listbox
                    wdoc.Bookmarks("T2").Range.Text = place
                    wdoc.Bookmarks("T3").Range.Text = ListBox1.List(ListBox1.ListIndex, 1)        'Replaces Bookmark in Text2 wd by column2 listbox
    Hope this helps you.

Hello
    I think this is a good code example to refer to. If you are still confused I recommend you to just have a look at the microsoft official site, there you can find how to connect or import form word to excel. I think there are also tips and tweaks available there. Just go through it if you have some time. Have you tried the above code posted? If yes, what are the results? does it work with you?