Thread: Count function help in excel

Count function help in excel

Hi,
    To help me in my math exercises and to progress a little with excel, I'd like to do this- I would like to count the number of times that the dice did not fall on the side 1 for example. Or if the number of times an even number is not out.
    I would like to get that on excel. The trick will just return the face of the dice or click on a cell with the value of the deal and that I excel calculates the rest.
    How can I do it? And especially is it possible to excel knowing it would make resets.

Re: Count function help in excel

Hello.
    What is the context? On what data would you like to implement or apply the count function and how? Please provide the exact query you have in the count function. Have you tried the count function by your self? What was the pout put you got? I think the information you have provided is too less. A more precise information would be welcome.

Hello
    For example, I throw my dice and I fall on the faces 1, 3, 5, 2, 3. And I want to know from this moment on 4 has not yet emerged or until 5 is out front before last launched the final numbers came out even before the last shot. Includes better? Is it possible for excel to it?

Hello
    Even I had the same problem few months before.
    I had some queries in that, see if you have any solution for it.
    - what are the "$" in the forms?
    - Is it possible to count the space between two numbers together? (ie the number line between two cells with a 1)
    - How to hide FALSE (in the case of even / odd) and 0??
    Awaiting for your reply.

Hello
    The $ indicates an absolute address. If you put the values 5, 3, 9, 12 and 7 in A1 through A5 and B1 in if you put the formula = A1 * 2 and you stretch the formula down to copy it on lines B2 to B5, you used a relative address, ie fill in the EXCEL understands the need to apply the formula in B2 relative to A2, that of B3 with respect to A3 etc. ... so multiply by 2 each cell of A and put this value in the face in finding B and B1 to B5: 10, 6, 18, 24 and 14.
    Now if you want to B values of A, but dividing by a number, eg. 3.7 that you put in D1 you must write in B1: = A1 * $ D $ 1 so that Excel always takes the value in cell D1, otherwise it takes successive lines in D1, D2 ...
    Depending on what you want to copy, there must be one or two $:
    - With $ D1, by copying you change the number (line) but not the letter (column)
    - $ 1 with D, by copying you do not change the number (line) but the letter (column)
    - With $ D $ 1 you do not change anything
    (easy to write the $ when you write your formula in D1 you can press the F4 key: once this is $ D $ 1 a second time this puts D $ 1 and another: $ D1)
    For True / False you can put eg. : = IF (ISEVEN (B5); "X ";"") with anything in place of X, depending on whether you want to do the calculation above, or if it is then a simple statement ...
    To not show zeros must go to Tools / Options / Display / and uncheck Zero Values
    Attention in the application. I've given it is a mistake, I mixed two things I wanted to do ... as the sum is given by column (green cells) should no longer be the sum below we should find only 1 or nothing (if the previous cell is empty but if it works out twice the same value Subsequently, it scores 2; must therefore put in the formula in C6 eg.: = IF ($ B6 = C $ 3, 1, 0) instead of = IF ($ B6 = C $ 3; C5 1, 0) )

Hi
    I have made some changes, but I forgot to mention it.
    Regarding the 0 I do not find (I think you have Excel 2003 and I 2007). But I'll put everything in white and display colors (white for 0 and 1 green) is easier to see.
    I must regain my whole project for cons with every copy paste that I made (took me a while to set the number of my column and on the allocation worksheet), the errors have slipped in my formulas. By the way thanks for your help.