Thread: How to take screenshot in MAC OS X

How to take screenshot in MAC OS X

How to take a screenshot in MAC OS X laptop. I have apple notebook. I had installed a bluetooth device It work properly but after some time a error pops up. It denotes some information which I want to record. Typing it is not possible. I does not know to take a screenshot directly in the operating system. Does anyone know this how to do it.

Re: How to take screenshot in MAC OS X

There are many keyboard mixture which can be used for screenshots on your Mac OS X. First up all you have to display the screenshpt from the screen and save it on the desktop. Then you have to select the area, take the screenshot on that area and save it on that file which is on the desktop. After that give a space and select the window. Save the same on the file which is their on your desktop after removing from the window. Remove it from the screen and save it on the clipboard.

To take the screenshot in the Mac OS X there are more key mixture. After you had save it to the clipboard. If you are using the leopard you can held down for using or selecting the locale. After you give the space and lock the size and then select the region then you move it with the help of the mouse. With the help of the shift you can change the size.

There is a different format of screenshots in the Mac OS X in the different versions. Like in the Mac OS X 10.2 it is like jpg and in Mac OS X 10.3 it has pdf, etc. It the latest the format can be distorted as default by opening the terminal as located at /Applications/Utilities/Terminal. defaults write com.apple.screencapture type image_format killall SystemUIServer.

You can also have the grab and the preview of the screenshot in the Mac OS X. Without the use of the keyboard on the shortcuts as above, we can also have the screenshots with the help of the grab application which is their on the Mac OS X. Which is located as /Applications/Utilities/Grab. In the latest Mac OS X 10.4 we can also use the preview application for the screenshots from the file menu.

The terminal can also be used for the screenshot in the Mac OS X. In the terminal with the help of the command screencapture you can capture the screenshot which is very useful scripts. You can have the example screencapture -iW ~/Desktop/screen.jpg. if you are using the third party application then you have to edit it.