Thread: AVG Download is not working in my system

AVG Download is not working in my system

I am using an Acer aspire laptop with Windows 7 Operating system. Initially i was using the AVG 8.5 but Eventually when i upgraded to AVG 9.0. For a while the download and the installation both worked smoothly but i started to get problems after sometime. The system started to freeze up after the upgrading from AVG 8.5 to AVG free 9.0 . I don't have any clue regarding the porblem but i am very much sure that it has to do something with the AVG? help needed.
    Last edited by Campbel; 29-12-2009 at 07:34 PM.

Re: AVG Download is not working in my system

If you are using the mozilla browser then please check the following settings
    go to the address bar and type 'about:config' then press Enter . Then check for 'browser.download.manager.scanWhenDone' and then change its value to FALSE. After that double click on record then just restart the browser. Else download the AVG remover and use it. I hope this proved helpful to you

First of all please specify that whether you have uninstalled the AVG 9.0 or you have used the system restore to a status before AVG9 installation. Since this problem is caused due to Mismatch in AVG settings. Unless you specify this i don't think that you can get a perfect solution to your problem. Till
    then try to remove this file from the program file directory.

C:\Program files\AVG\AVG8\avgoff2k.dll

Also if you cannot delete it then try renaming this file.

As mentioned above i downloaded the AVG remover to a memory stick using another Computer. Then i deleted the AVG from my computer and reinstalled the newly downloaded AVG 9.0. No matter what i did my system is still in the same position. After that when i turned my laptop on everything freezed. I tried using different browsers like the Firefox,Opera and the Internet Explorer . That's why i am very much certain that this problem is due to the AVG 9.0

One thing i would like to know is there any such security software or Antivirus ,Firewall besides AVG on your computer? That could be the answer to the problems you are experiencing. Because if you have more than a single virus installed in your system than the interact with each other to delete each other. And hence your system freezes up. If you describe in more detail what actually freezes, how, etc..? Than you will get a better help.

First think i would like to make it clear is i do not have any other security software or firewall installed on my system. I really can't describe what happens in detail. The only description is that everything freezes up to the point that I can't even shut the laptop down.Even i had to unplug my laptop at such time. Please suggest some suitable remedy in order that i could solve my problem. NEED SERIOUS HELP

I have a little Issue if anyone can Help

Before I could open & see this site -

Now i have Virus alert from Avg- Blocking that site
    how can I dissable that popup

I even unisntalled Avg & fresh Installed again but
    only have Issue with that site

Please Help
    Last edited by Rameez.J; 30-12-2009 at 12:29 AM. Reason: External Link removed.
    Lord Vader
    "Knowledge grows when shared"

I'm using AVG free anti-virus. You can download a spyware removal tool which will help you to do a clean scan on your system. If you want you can also go for Trojan removers or can also purchase commercial software like Norton or Mcafree to clean your system.