Thread: SONAR 2 From Norton Internet Security 2010 Deleting Applications Installed

SONAR 2 From Norton Internet Security 2010 Deleting Installed Applications

Hello, I am using Windows xp operating system on my computer. And few days ago I have installed Norton Internet Security 2010 on my machine. But, then my some of the applications stops working one by one. When I try to open any application from my computer some of them work perfectly, but many of them are not working due to the missing files. Is this happening due to the SONAR 2 From Norton Internet Security 2010. If is it so, there is any solution for this?

Re: SONAR 2 From Norton Internet Security 2010 Deleting Installed Applications

Hello, I think you are getting this problem due to SONAR 2 From Norton Internet Security 2010 and you can install all the applications again. As there may be possibility that your those applications are infected with the virus and due to which this Antivirus delete some of the files from it and now you are getting problem while working with those applications. So, again install them for making use of that applications.

If you are getting problem due to the SONAR 2 From Norton Internet Security 2010 then simply remove that application from your computer and then you will able to use the applications without any problem. But, I think you need to install all those again. So, install them again. But, as Norton Internet Security 2010 is removing that applications there may be possibility that it may contains some malicious information. So, you need to check whether that all the applications are infected or not before re-installation.

You need to remove first your Norton Internet Security 2010 from your computer and then you can install that all the applications on your computer. Then just try to reinstall the Norton Internet Security 2010 on your computer and then check whether it is deleting all those applications again or not. If it is deleting all those applications again, then you need to use the other Antivirus software and if Norton is not deleting all those applications again then you can use that only. You can also check for any option which will give permission to you for deciding whether to delete or not any application.

You can able to solve your problem by turn offing your SONAR 2 From Norton Internet Security 2010. By, making turn off only the threads which are having low certainty, would not be deleted. Only high certainty threads will be deleted. So, You are not disabling Sonar by making turn off. So, you just turn off your SONAR 2 From Norton Internet Security 2010 and then again install all those applications on your computer which are deleted before and use those all without any problem.

If you are having problem with Norton Internet Security 2010 then you simply uninstall that from your computer and for getting virus protection you can try for the Avast Home Edition. Or you can also try for the Mcafee Antivirus. Both of them will work better for you. But, there may be possibility that your those applications are virus infected and due to which they all are got deleted from your computer. So, you can check that by making use of one of this virus, that those applications are virus infected or not.

l33t Re: SONAR 2 From Norton Internet Security 2010 Deleting Applications Installed

after following toms instructions and restarting i had to completely re install norton no thanks to that stupid sonor software. you seriously dont need it.