Thread: Best format for saving web graphics

Best format for saving web graphics

I had designed some graphics in Adobe Photo shop. I need to post the same on my site. I tried jpeg first. The site takes a too much time in loading those graphics. Which is the best format to use graphic on a web. And does web graphics really looks different on a MAC PC and Windows PC. Is that true. Then which can be the right format. What is the cause of red eye in a photo. Also post some relevant suggestion.
    Last edited by Balamani; 29-12-2009 at 02:51 AM.

Re: Best format for saving web graphics

For web graphics the common rule is to save the files in jpg or gif format. The illustration and the photo which is on the big size and of a light color. The photo and the image which include the music it should be save in jpgs format. The format jpg has a better compression rank. Because of it the quality of the image goes down.

You had asked a question that on the Mac does the web image look better or different. Yes, as the Gamma is of 1.8 for the Mac and in the window it is 2.2. In the Mac it automatically change the Gamma from 1.8 to 2.2 when you are working on the web projects as the same you see on the windows machine. For the color you can go to the Color Management section.

It also cause the red eye effect and you can also get rid of it. The red color do not comes from outside it is the reflation which comes from the retinas of your eyes because of the light. This is not a big problem it can be removed easily. There are main step by which you can remove the red eyes from your photo graphs. You project the photo in the dark room.

You can also work in the photo shop color spaces. Most of my friends the color space when they are working. The space means it talk about the size. You can take the example you can think the colored pencils box as a space. They are of two types sRGB and Adobe RGB. sRGB it is a small colour box and Adobe RGB it is a medium color box.

The tips to fix your image to look better. Most of the use to edit the images but it take a long time to do it. Most of them do not get the good result on it. Now it is very easy to get the good result by just clicking the less button. As it as a word auto in it. And it can be done very fast and can optimize the color and contrast.