Thread: Error : 1311. Source file not found while Installing Adobe Photoshop CS2.!!

Error : 1311. Source file not found while Installing Adobe Photoshop CS2.!!

I have recently formatted my Hard-Disk since it was affected by the Virus. I have installed the Windows XP as my operating system. Now when I am trying to install the Adobe Photoshop CS2, I am getting the following Error : 1311. Source File Not Found :
    C:\DOCUMENT~\Sunil\LOCALS~\Temp\Temporary
    Directory 6 for Adobe Photoshop CS2 9.zip\PhotoshopCS2\Adobe(R) Photoshop(R) CS2\Data1.cab. Verify that the file exist and that you can access it.

I have installed many other program which are running properly. I have also installed CS2 before, that time it was running properly. Why this error is coming? Please help me sort out this issue.!!
    Signatures reduce available bandwidth

Re: Error : 1311. Source file not found while Installing Adobe Photoshop CS2.!!

The source you mentioned, from that it's known that you are trying to install from the Zip files. Then I would like to recommend you to extract all the files present in that folder to a temp folder. Once you extract all the files, you will able to see the Setup.exe of the Adobe Photoshop CS2 over there. Run this setup (double-click) which is extracted in the temp folder. I think that doing this will resolve your error.

I also installed the Adobe Photoshop CS2 from the zip. I did the following things while installing that application from the Zip :
    • I first installed the Unzip software, so that I can extract the files present in the zip folder.
    • Then I extracted all the files to a location (was not temp) on the Hard disk.
    • Later I just double clicked on the Setup.exe to make it run.
    • After doing this, the installation of the Adobe Photoshop CS2 started.
    • There was no errors when the installation finished.
    • Now I am able to run the Photoshop CS2 properly.

Have you installed the Photoshop from the same folder, that you are trying to install now.?? There are also chances that the Setup.exe is damaged. That's why it is giving the Error :1311. Source file not found while Installing So try to install that zip file on another system. If you are getting the same error that means, your setup is corrupted. You can download the specific file from the Internet and can install the application.

Re: Error : 1311. while Installing Adobe Photoshop CS2.!!

I think that extracting files in the temp folder and running the Setup.exe from there will sort out the issue. If this is not working then make sure that your setup.exe is not damaged or corrupted. The Data1.cab file cannot be found comes when the Setup is not able to access that file. This can happen if there is no Data1.cab file present or it is corrupted. So you will have to try to install from another source.