Thread: Group voice chat on gtalk

Group voice chat on gtalk

I always confused about why Google does not providing a text or voice conference service in their Google talk messenger, and I discovered that a handicap a some times. Today, I had to collaborate on a Google Spreadsheet with 4 of my colleges, and then setting up the file and to invite them, the discuss option were not disabled in my window, and I would see all 4 of their email's given in the list.

Re: Group voice chat on gtalk

There were a shout box like service are integrated in which the 6 of us were able to communicate a discussion at the time of editing editing the spreadsheet. Therefore, to include a live conferencing use Google chat just perform these instruction in Google Documents & Spreadsheets : Generate a dummy document and then invite friends as collaborators and now click on "Discuss" option at the top right and now start conferencing.

That is new but there is a more common method for group conferencing with more than one GMail contacts in the common GTalk window. First, open the talk gadget client web page (or load Google Talk in Sidebar) and then sign in with the help of your Google Account / GMail credentials. Then, start a communication with any one of your Google Talk friends who is online and last then click on the "Group Chat" button.

You only have to do invite your other GTalk colleges to this private Google chatting room. And there is no limit on the maximum number of users that can connect your Gtalk chatting session. As similar, other internet chat rooms, GTalk will also start a service for each new user as they join with a message in the chatting window. And you can also include many of interesting smileys in your group conferencing which are otherwise not available in the desktop GTalk application.

GTalk is a free Windows based and web-based software for instant messaging and voice over internet protocol (VOIP), provided by Google Inc. Instant messaging between the GTalk servers and its clients having an open protocol, XMPP, providing users of other XMPP/Jabber users to communicate with GTalk users. VoIP in GTalk using an older version of which will later going to become the Jingle protocol. The technology have used in the Google server network but hardly known by a publicly .

Create a new shortcut for Google Talk VoIP:
    Find out shortcut path of recent loaded GTalk copy paste it in notepad and add /nomutex at the end of it.
    *For few client, as follows nomutex Gtalk Group Voice Chat
    *Do the Right click on the desktop of your computer or anywhere you want to put the GTalk shortcut.
    *And then select New on the right click on the context menu.
    *And now select Shortcut.
    *Then paste the shortcut from notepad
    *And the new shortcut will appear like Current Gtalk
    *And now Click on Next.
    *Provide a shortcut and proper name like as Google Talk or Google Talk Multiple.
    *And last click on the OK.